Windows 10: password

Discus and support password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why do I have to reset my password each time I log into my microsoft account? Each time I record it with the date and that is the password I am told is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoyleenWinter, Sep 23, 2019.

1. password

Why do I have to reset my password each time I log into my microsoft account? Each time I record it with the date and that is the password I am told is invalid when I go to log in. Then when I have to reset I use my most recent and am told that it is a previous password. Why?

Why is it so difficult to correspond with microsoft? Their help assistant does not answer anything that is not preset which means microsoft does not provide a comprehensive help service.

I am so frustrated by them and the amount of time wasted with the pointless things they ask and notices they send.

Lastly I don't know which of the preset choices on this site to choose as they don't allow for open choices.

:)

JoyleenWinter, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 23, 2019
  4. password

OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

password

1. password - Similar Threads - password

2. Windows Live password not changing on Localhost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live password not changing on Localhost: I'm unable to remotely access my second computer either via Remote Desktop or through File Explorer (Network). I can see and ping the second computer on my network. It just keeps telling me that my login or password is incorrect. I know the login is correct as it's showing...
  3. Cannot exit safe mode. Password is no longer recognized

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot exit safe mode. Password is no longer recognized: I’m stuck in Safe Mode. I have tried several online suggestions but all sooner or later require my pssword which is now not recognized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-exit-safe-mode-password-is-no-longer/0d13bdf9-8db7-49b9-b3e1-330719c66b45"
  4. Windows 10 Forcing Me To Change My Password When I Did Not Even Set A Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Forcing Me To Change My Password When I Did Not Even Set A Password: Hi Microsoft, I have a problem with my Windows10(10.0.18362.418) . I never set password protection and could directly sign in and bootup w/o needing to key in password. But from Saturday morning, I suddenly had to change a password which I never had - even if i left all...
  5. is the verfify code for reseting passwords fixed yet?

is the verfify code for reseting passwords fixed yet?: is the system Microsoft uses to send a temp password when you try to reset your Hotmail password or liveMail or visual studio password fixed yet? there is a ticket by me, and engineers supposed to be working on it....
  6. Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer: I have 2 computers, C1 and C2, (both running Win10Pro - 1903) and 2 users, U1 and U2. U1 is the main administrator on C1 and C2 with the same login credentials on both computers. U2 is an added administrator on C1 and C2 with the same credentials on both computers. U2 can...
  7. Password protected comp: How do I stop the required log in process

Password protected comp: How do I stop the required log in process: I do not want to log in to use my computer every time I boot up or even when it has gone to sleep , how do I stop this requirement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protected-comp-how-do-i-stop-the-required/3f1d918f-dab5-44df-8d8d-a7b9c0a51061"
  8. Enter Network Password window keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enter Network Password window keeps popping up: I keep getting the window 'Enter Network Password' popping up and even when I enter the password and tick to remember it will reappear later. I am running Outlook 2007. I have already searched for a fix and completed:- Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network and...
  9. No Password, can't factory reset due to not enough disc space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Password, can't factory reset due to not enough disc space: Hello. My name is RJ. Here is my problem: My friend has given me a RCA laptop with a detachable keyboard running Windows 10. Unfortunately, his son got his hands on it before he gave it to me and put a password on it, and now I can't get passed the login screen, and I can't...
  10. Windows not accepting password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows not accepting password: My computer is in safe mode and says my password is wrong, i've tried my pin and Microsoft password. won't accept either went to command prompt to type in message as suggested, ask for password to sign in there got message that password is incorrect there too tryed...