Windows 10: Password

Discus and support Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an older computer that was in storage for 10 months. After we moved and I tried to log in the system asks for a password - which I don't have.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SharonAspinall, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Password

I have an older computer that was in storage for 10 months. After we moved and I tried to log in the system asks for a password - which I don't have. What now?

:)

SharonAspinall, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Password

Long boot time and passwords missing

The only reason I mention the account is that a Windows update recently was causing people to be signed into a temporary account, your password manager may be installed for all users but the list of passwords would be user specific, therefore the blank password list suggests a different account. *Smile

Pejole2165, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Password

1. Password - Similar Threads - Password

2. Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.: So, i just restarted my PC, and to my surprise, it's telling me that it's the wrong password. My PC doesn't have one, and it's not even asking me for one; just the button to click "sign in" like usual. But now, whenever i click on that, it tells me that my password is...
  3. incorrect password message after attempting to install critical updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    incorrect password message after attempting to install critical updates: Split from this thread. Are you logging in to the laptop using a local account or a Microsoft account? Login using the old password and reset to the new password. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4490115/windows-change-or-reset-your-password When I attempt to...
  4. you updated my account to a new microsoft edge and now all my favorites and passwords are gone

you updated my account to a new microsoft edge and now all my favorites and passwords are gone: younupgraded my account and all favorites and passwords are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-updated-my-account-to-a-new-microsoft-edge-and/12af7a84-268c-44ce-896c-8b5844750862
  5. Aced windows 10 forgotten password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aced windows 10 forgotten password: i have forfotten log in password please helplllllll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aced-windows-10-forgotten-password/dac19838-7bd5-43ab-a351-0cdc06681eee
  6. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I am stuck in safe mode and I can't remember my password I tried "boot safe mode with networking" and "boot safe mode with command prompt" but they don't work/do anything. I can't even reset my computer because I need a password for that. Also its a laptop that came with...
  7. Safe Mode Locked Me Out. Can’t remember password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe Mode Locked Me Out. Can’t remember password.: Originally I was trying to uninstall antivirus. And part of the troubleshooting was to reset my PC into safe mode. I proceeded to do so, and apparently I have forgotten my password. There is no option on the screen to reset, only ‘ease of access‘ and an indicator saying: no...
  8. Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password: I forgot my password on my pc windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password/a9c3d666-892f-426c-b715-4abfc8f10206
  9. Locked out at password screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out at password screen: I have an HP 14cd110. I was hospitalized and someone changed my login from a PIN to unknown password. Don't know what answers to ?s are. Tried every combo I could think of. No luck. so I went into the recovery portion getting in by shifting during boot. looked like it was...
  10. Window 10 won't except PIN or password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 won't except PIN or password: Window 10 won't accept my PIN. Hold shift key reboot for command prompt, now it asks for microsoft password. Say's "incorrect password". But it's correct. I even changed it and still no go. Thanks...