Windows 10: Passwordless sign in not working 20H2

Discus and support Passwordless sign in not working 20H2 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My wife and I are the only users of our home pc and would like to be able to do away with passwords. I did not have the "netplwiz box" so I followed... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LouG, Mar 26, 2021.

1. LouG Win User

Passwordless sign in not working 20H2

My wife and I are the only users of our home pc and would like to be able to do away with passwords. I did not have the "netplwiz box" so I followed the directions (altering the registry) to change the dword from 2 to 0. The box is now back but does not seem to be working - I can only move the cursor when the box is checked (seems counter-intuitive) and even though I make the change to one user or the other, both of us must still enter a password to sign in. Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. I'm a retired computer programmer and should be able to get this to work...

:)

2. bmac1112 Win User

Android S9 passwordless sign in

Is there passwordless sign in for android pie 9?

It seems like it thinks I'm on windows 10

bmac1112, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Passwordless Login

can you have more than one Passwordless Login for multiple uses of same login?

Larry Dallas, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Advancing Windows 10 as a passwordless platform

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/security/b...less-platform/

Tenforo, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Passwordless sign in not working 20H2 - Similar Threads - Passwordless sign working

2. Passwordless?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless?: My phone is unable to recognize my fingerprint. Does "passwordless" require fingerprint recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordless/0d09bb06-27cb-41cb-a700-9abf80a0dbae
  3. Passwordless?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Passwordless?: My phone is unable to recognize my fingerprint. Does "passwordless" require fingerprint recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordless/0d09bb06-27cb-41cb-a700-9abf80a0dbae
  4. Passwordless?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account: I have a new computer that prompted me to use passwordless sign-in for my Windows account. That works fine with Windows Hello on that computer. The problem is that when I try to view shared files and folders on that computer from another network computer, I get prompted by...
  6. Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account

Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account: I have a new computer that prompted me to use passwordless sign-in for my Windows account. That works fine with Windows Hello on that computer. The problem is that when I try to view shared files and folders on that computer from another network computer, I get prompted by...
  7. Passwordless Account!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...
  8. Passwordless Account!!!

Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...
  9. Passwordless sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Passwordless sign-in: I've tried Microsoft's much vaunted pass wordless sign-in feature and it did nothing for me. I still have to sign into Windows with my code, so what's the point? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordless-sign-in/a2187f4d-fe7e-4b39-bb95-f020a6053bb2
  10. Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts: How to: Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts How to Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10 For improved security and a more seamless sign-in experience, you can now enable passwordless sign-in for Microsoft...