Windows 10: PasswordNotRequired TRUE for new computers created via ADUC GUI

Discus and support PasswordNotRequired TRUE for new computers created via ADUC GUI in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When a new computer object is created in Active Directory User and Computers versions 10.0.14292.2608 and 10.0.19041.1 tested the computer's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JasonBraddy, Jul 9, 2020.

1. PasswordNotRequired TRUE for new computers created via ADUC GUI

When a new computer object is created in Active Directory User and Computers versions 10.0.14292.2608 and 10.0.19041.1 tested the computer's PasswordNotRequired attribute is set to TRUE. However, when a new computer object is created via PowerShell v5.1 using the ActiveDirectory module from the same ADUC versions above the PasswordNotRequired attribute is set to FALSE. I thought this attribute would be set to FALSE by default no matter how the computer object is created. That's how it works with new user accounts.

Why are computers created via the ADUC GUI set with PasswordNotRequired=TRUE when computers created via new-adcomputer have PasswordNotRequired=FALSE?

Is there a best-practice with regard to how the PasswordNotRequired attribute should be configured on computer objects?

:)

JasonBraddy, Jul 9, 2020

2. PC name incorrect in ADUC after beign renamed

Are talking about changing the name on the PC?

The problem is not with the PC itself.

The names can be changed on the PC and has been changed, it just still shows as the old name on the computer list (on ADUC), although if I click on the property (on ADUC), it shows the new name.

RiceBallPanda, Jul 9, 2020
  3. PC name incorrect in ADUC after beign renamed

One of our newer workstations was installed with 1903 version because 1809 just didn't turn out well. I had to rename it later on and somehow on ADUC it still shows as the old name on the computer list. The properties section shows the new name for DHS and
    computer name, but the old name is the one shows on the top (which can't be changed).

Remoting to it only works if I connect to the new name. PDQ also shows the new name.

Has anyone had the same problem? Or can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you in advance.

RiceBallPanda, Jul 9, 2020
  4. PasswordNotRequired TRUE for new computers created via ADUC GUI

ADUC Missing BitLocker Recovery Tab in 1809

Hi Tom,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to get your BitLocker key after enabling ADUC. We checked on this issue and we would like you to refer the below Article and Post if that helps you to get the BitLocker key.

Article: BitLocker
    Active Directory Recovery Password Viewer Overview

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/9ef55790-f919-4f7b-9c2f-174b3f170a5a/bitlocker-recovery-tab-is-missing-within-aduc-in-rsat

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to post your query in TechNet forums, where
    we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Windows BitLocker & ADUC to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

PasswordNotRequired TRUE for new computers created via ADUC GUI

1. PasswordNotRequired TRUE for new computers created via ADUC GUI - Similar Threads - PasswordNotRequired TRUE computers

2. Add-On to create True Virtual Workspaces ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add-On to create True Virtual Workspaces ?: I am looking for a Win10 add-on that creates true virtual workspaces. What I mean is independent workspaces, each with their own icons & background. So instead of all icons on one virtual desktop you could distribute them and use them as workspaces. I am sure this is NOT a...
  3. Weird New Update Battery GUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird New Update Battery GUI: I recently updated to the latest version of Windows and one of the GUIs from the power settings is missing. Specifically, it is the performance mode slider where you can choose from battery saver, balanced, and maximum performance. Is there any to get it back?...
  4. new computer acting like old one. no true color either

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new computer acting like old one. no true color either: What can I do to make my new computer operate on windows 10 instead of the old Vista. Also why do I still get none true colors. My new computer is supposed to operate on windows 10. My old computer operated on Vista and that's all I can get. Also my colors are the same...
  5. Windows 1903 Update and ADUC

Windows 1903 Update and ADUC: I just installed the 1903 update and now cannot access ADUC or even have a way to add in optional features. Thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1903-update-and-aduc/ae004c37-d1a2-4e4a-9a73-982cd2b453e1
  6. Creating WIN10Pro (Flash Drive) via Existing Computer - For Later Installation Upon a New...

Creating WIN10Pro (Flash Drive) via Existing Computer - For Later Installation Upon a New...: I have chased information on this subject -down several rabbit holes today- simply wanting to become comfortable in this procedure, before buying any WIN10Pro product line, available on the Microsoft Store, or a number of questionable OEM versions found elsewhere. I should...
  7. Creating a Local account on a new computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a Local account on a new computer?: I do a lot of new computer set ups for people. So i'm normally unboxing and setting up new Dell's and HP's. I remember before on the initial setup, when Microsoft would ask for an email address, there was a Make Local account button on the bottom left.. but on the past 2-3...
  8. Install apps via Powershell cmd line OR via Chocholatey GUI App (easy)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install apps via Powershell cmd line OR via Chocholatey GUI App (easy): Despite the abundance of endless text here, it's just my way of being very clear and yes sometimes redundant. The actual 'labor' lol required to install this takes a whopping 1 minute if that. I just provided a tad more info than might be required here instead of just...
  9. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...
  10. Is this true??

Is this true??: I have just read this article out of curiosity and am shocked at what is being stated in point 1 is this true or not?? Windows 10: Ten big things to watch for in 2016 - TechRepublic 35600