Windows 10: Passwords/account security

Discus and support Passwords/account security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I go into my account to look at previous passwords, I'm being asked to sign in. Not a problem other than I can't get in. I've reset my password... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TammyJames1, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Passwords/account security

When I go into my account to look at previous passwords, I'm being asked to sign in. Not a problem other than I can't get in. I've reset my password many times and I have multiple accounts PIN and another email to use as a "back up". However I still can't get access to view passwords that I've forgotten. Please help. This is VERY aggravating as I use my computer for business and time is very precious. This delay is very costly.

Please help.

:)

TammyJames1, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Vayra86 Win User
    Gmail "Critical security alert" message, hacking attempt blocked (long post)

This is not true, it depends how and when you used 2FA. I never get security tokens from Google, I just get an email notification asking if it was me with a button to click, and only if the IP / device used is not in the registered devices list on the account.

That said, if you get these kinds of messages, it means someone knows your password and you need to change that on ALL accounts you have, not just Google.

Vayra86, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Passwords/account security

new email password not working in account settings.

Hi stuartmushlin. Welcome to the TenForums @stuartmushlin

When you say generate I immediately think of two step verification and the need to have account "Generate" an app password.

Do you know if your account is using Two Step verification?

In any event if you sign into your account using a browser, then head to security, other security options you should find a section for app passwords.

This is the only password generator I know of where MS generates a password to be used for sign in.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Passwords/account security

1. Passwords/account security - Similar Threads - Passwords account security

2. Security, password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security, password: Many of my accounts were hacked. I worked for a month to get all my accounts reset up, passwords and log ins changed.I have not been able to get my microsoft account fixed.I have asked questions of microsoft, I have asked for help from microsoft, i had an agent remote in, I...
  3. Security, password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security, password: Many of my accounts were hacked. I worked for a month to get all my accounts reset up, passwords and log ins changed.I have not been able to get my microsoft account fixed.I have asked questions of microsoft, I have asked for help from microsoft, i had an agent remote in, I...
  4. Security, password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Account security / passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account security / passwords: So, Why did you lock my account without a warning? I was attempting to fix my password issue - and your step by step offered to take me through the process - Only thing I didn't realize is I was chasing a well disguised white rabbit. I am angry! I am handicapped - you have...
  6. how to secure passwords

how to secure passwords: ok can anyone tell me just how to secure passwords on a pc? it is just to easy to say you forgot you password and then the site sends you a code to what ever email you enter into the field and then they send that code to that email and you copy and paste it into the field...
  7. passwords and security

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    passwords and security: I recently did a reset on my computer. When I went to sign in to ebay my user name AND my password were up on the screen. This means that ANYONE can get into my ebay account and make a purchase. I checked my paypal account and it's the same, open and ready for ANYONE TO...
  8. Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten.

Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten.: i was using picture password for a long time ,then a child try wrong attempts now picture password is disappear and Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten....
  9. Retrieve account password using security questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Retrieve account password using security questions: Is it possible to get the password of another Windows User account, using security questions? I know I can change the password of another account using the security questions, but I don't want to change the password, i just want to see and read it. submitted by /u/-ZOSK-...
  10. password security

password security: are there any password managing apps out there which ask for or give you the option of a text verification as well, eg everytime the app is asked to retrieve a password for no matter what it will send a pin to your mobile before releasing it...