Windows 10: Passwords-Accounts ... varieties for the fuzzy headed

Discus and support Passwords-Accounts ... varieties for the fuzzy headed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello to the forum from someone who has just realised he did not fully understand passwords, accounts, logins, hellos, pins and needles. (w10p 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pavl, May 5, 2021.

1. Pavl Win User

Passwords-Accounts ... varieties for the fuzzy headed

Hello to the forum from someone who has just realised he did not fully understand passwords, accounts, logins, hellos, pins and needles. (w10p 1909 build up-to-date, fingerprint, tpm, digital license, MS Acount linked, fingerprint, PIN and FIDO2 key). From a "password" comment by "Kbird" at the end of this tutorial regarding AHCI ... Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation Precis of my reply to make more sense below .... When starting with Win10 the use of words "password" and "account" seemed to be straightforward ... but I was not concentrating. This post is to try a straighten my ides and hopefully encourage the wizards to give the proper explanation for those of us who perhaps need another cup of coffee ! Account - Microsoft is something that covers a variety of Microsoft products and includes operating systems such as Win10. It is a personal account not a device account (?). Account - Local is a user account on a specific machine only and has no 'direct' connection to any other account including the Microsoft Account. Account - User is the thing we use as individuals on a specific machine. Account - Computer (to use the terminology of this Dell laptop during first install of Win10pro) ... not sure about this version of "account" yet. Password - Microsoft Account is the string of characters used to gain access to the Microsoft Account only and requires internet access. Password - Local Account is the string used only for a specific machine and does not require internet access. Password - Computer required by Windows during first install at approx blue box 5 for the "Computer Account". Never used this password and dont know what it is for ...EXCEPT that I have now changed profiles from original and could this be a potential new Microsoft Account Password ? "PIN" - is a string used to access a specific machine user account and is stored only on machine and does not require internet access. "PIN" is not a way to access the general Microsoft Account that covers other Microsoft products. "Security Key" is a physical thing usually plugged into usb port and can be used to gain access to user account ... but ... is this to Microsoft Account and therefore internet dependent ? Or only to machine account PIN and not internet dependent ? Two parts to this ramble .... better explanation sought and interest in the need or otherwise of internet access and consequences of choosing or not differing methods ... and likelihood of less favoured methods being discontinued and leaving people in the dark ... Have I got the rough idea?

:)

Pavl, May 5, 2021

2. new email password not working in account settings.

Hi stuartmushlin. Welcome to the TenForums @stuartmushlin

When you say generate I immediately think of two step verification and the need to have account "Generate" an app password.

Do you know if your account is using Two Step verification?

In any event if you sign into your account using a browser, then head to security, other security options you should find a section for app passwords.

This is the only password generator I know of where MS generates a password to be used for sign in.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 5, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 5, 2021
  4. Passwords-Accounts ... varieties for the fuzzy headed

forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Passwords-Accounts ... varieties for the fuzzy headed

1. Passwords-Accounts ... varieties for the fuzzy headed - Similar Threads - Passwords Accounts varieties

2. Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes: I get occasional bluescreens on my laptop. Past stop codes have been DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. The most common one though is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It crashes, but stays on 0% and doesn't create a dump file.I can't find any pattern to it....
  3. Passwords-Accounts ... varieties for the fuzzy headed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Passwords-Accounts ... varieties for the fuzzy headed: Hello to the forum from someone who has just realised he did not fully understand passwords, accounts, logins, hellos, pins and needles. (w10p 1909 build up-to-date, fingerprint, tpm, digital license, MS Acount linked, fingerprint, PIN and FIDO2 key). From a "password"...
  4. head phones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    head phones: the jack for the headphones doesn't seem to be working.. when I go into the apt to find the sound icons.. it only shows speakers working.. it will not go to headphones...
  5. TOC headings

in Windows 10 Customization
    TOC headings: How do I change table of content headings or chapters in my case to another page on a specific line? When I enter my chapters down spaces onto another page, it skips to a designated space middle of the next page, 1/3 down the page. How do I designate it where I prefer?...
  6. Text is fuzzy

Text is fuzzy: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. All the text in all apps is fuzzy. I have used the default display settings in Windows 10. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-is-fuzzy/27622f3e-5c73-43f0-b340-369988f938ed
  7. Fuzzy display when entering password

Fuzzy display when entering password: I use a NASA photo for my lock screen image. and up to this last update it worked perfectly. on Start up it is in sharp focus but when I use space bar or mouse button to initiate the input for PW it goes completely out of focus. The pw entry box is ok, just the display of...
  8. Display is Fuzzy

Display is Fuzzy: I was working on my computer and accidentally hit an "unknown" key on my keyboard. My screen suddenly resized itself and the icons are huge and really fuzzy. I went into Display and tried to fix it that way but it didn't work. I also wanted to restore my computer to an hour...
  9. About using Memtest varieties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About using Memtest varieties: Recently have had stack overflow warnings, which I understand can be a sign of RAM failure. Be that so, which version of the application is best for Windows 10 64 bit, please? I have also read the tutorial, but that deals only with creating a bootable usb stick, and...
  10. Fuzzy Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Fuzzy Text: I have enough problems with my eyesight, and now I have problems, apparently only with Opera Browser, with text that will go fuzzy, then clear, then fuzzy again, ad infinitum. It makes me think my eyesight is going bad. I've seen this problem written up elsewhere, and I've...