Windows 10: Passwords and pin number reset

Discus and support Passwords and pin number reset in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a family member who forgot her pin # and password for her login. How do I reset them so she can get her information from the computer.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonNeubauer, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Passwords and pin number reset

I have a family member who forgot her pin # and password for her login. How do I reset them so she can get her information from the computer.

:)

DonNeubauer, Dec 26, 2020

2. how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, Dec 26, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Stecyk Win User

Passwords and pin number reset

Resetting Bios Password

I am doing some spring cleaning, getting rid of old desktops, laptops, and routers. Regarding the computers, I am wanting to wipe the hard drives with Darik's Boot and Nuke software. When I booted up one old Dell desktop from 2001, I learned that it requires a BIOS password. Why I ever put one on is beyond me. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the password. The rest of this message will be about wanting to know if my understanding for resetting the BIOS password is correct.

Technically, this thread/message isn't about Windows 10 specifically. But it does relate to hardware, and I am hoping that it would apply to a significant number of computers, so I hope this message is okay.

I called Dell, and the technician said that I needed to reset the jumper on motherboard to reset the BIOS password. After opening the case on my old Dell computer and hunting on the internet, this is the what I think I have learned. I will present photograph of a portion of the motherboard.

Passwords and pin number reset [​IMG]

I have put a red rectangular box around what I think is the jumper for the BIOS. I note that "PASS" is written on the motherboard beside those three pins.

I believe these are steps I need to follow. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Turn off and unplug the computer. (It has been off and unplugged for about ten plus years. I just plugged it in today. I am not sure if this information is relevant. Perhaps it helps with regard to the motherboard's battery.)
    2. Open the case and locate those "PASS" pins again.
    3. Switch the jumper from the current two pins to include the third pin and middle pin. Leave it there for 5 seconds or more. In other words, move the jumper over one pin for a few seconds.
    4. Reset the jumper back to its original position with the original pins.
    5. Plug in the computer, and attempt to boot it up.
    6. Assuming it boots up, open CD tray and put in Darik's Boot and Nuke software and follow the steps.

Is there any information that I am missing? Do I have the correct location for the jumper? Are my steps correct?

Thank you for your help.

Stecyk, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Passwords and pin number reset

1. Passwords and pin number reset - Similar Threads - Passwords pin number

2. forget Pin acount number and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forget Pin acount number and password: I use my face detection to sign on to my laptop for years but it seems it is not working recently. I want to change my pin but it requires my old PIN but I don't have it. when I press forget my PIN, it needs my account password. Is it possible to reset all my password?...
  3. forget Pin acount number and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forget Pin acount number and password: I use my face detection to sign on to my laptop for years but it seems it is not working recently. I want to change my pin but it requires my old PIN but I don't have it. when I press forget my PIN, it needs my account password. Is it possible to reset all my password?...
  4. RESET PIN & RESET PASSWORD

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    RESET PIN & RESET PASSWORD: Hi All, I need help! I purchased a new HP Laptop for my daughter. I began the setup process and created a PIN for security and created a brand new outlook account for her. After installing an anti virus software it asked to restart the laptop which I did. However I was then...
  5. RESET PIN & RESET PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESET PIN & RESET PASSWORD: Hi All, I need help! I purchased a new HP Laptop for my daughter. I began the setup process and created a PIN for security and created a brand new outlook account for her. After installing an anti virus software it asked to restart the laptop which I did. However I was then...
  6. RESET PIN & RESET PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to reset PIN number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset PIN number: I dont know to reset mypin number but i didnt make a pin number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-pin-number/0e3d19e7-3449-49ec-8bdd-571b05d6a8de
  8. how to reset pin number

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to reset pin number: I need to re-set my pin in windows 10 anc can't find the link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-pin-number/eb2d10b2-ab75-4260-bf28-2c34306b63ab
  9. passwords and pin numbers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    passwords and pin numbers: I'm an octogenarian and I have somehow managed to set a password and pin. I woulike to remove this bit of fiddling, which also upsets my wife, so ant assistance would be greatly appreciatedf. joe 120462
  10. passwords and pin numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    passwords and pin numbers: I'm an octogenarian and I have somehow managed to set a password and pin. I woulike to remove this bit of fiddling, which also upsets my wife, so ant assistance would be greatly appreciatedf. joe 120462