Windows 10: passwords and pin numbers

Discus and support passwords and pin numbers in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm an octogenarian and I have somehow managed to set a password and pin. I woulike to remove this bit of fiddling, which also upsets my wife, so ant... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by joefromthefort, Oct 26, 2018.

1. passwords and pin numbers

I'm an octogenarian and I have somehow managed to set a password and pin. I woulike to remove this bit of fiddling, which also upsets my wife, so ant assistance would be greatly appreciatedf. joe

:)

joefromthefort, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Oct 26, 2018
  3. ROCKIEBOW Win User
    SYNCING EMAILS AND FINDING LOST PIN NUMBER

I cant get my emails to sync because ive lost my 2 step pin number and my windows password doesn't seem to work,but my Microsoft passwords work ok .Any suggestions ?

ROCKIEBOW, Oct 26, 2018
  4. passwords and pin numbers

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

passwords and pin numbers

1. passwords and pin numbers - Similar Threads - passwords pin numbers

2. With the PIN number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    With the PIN number: If have the PIN number can I recover my password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-pin-number/5b734163-f1c7-4844-b440-7f1c5b9c3e73
  3. With the PIN number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    With the PIN number: If have the PIN number can I recover my password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-pin-number/5b734163-f1c7-4844-b440-7f1c5b9c3e73
  4. forget Pin acount number and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forget Pin acount number and password: I use my face detection to sign on to my laptop for years but it seems it is not working recently. I want to change my pin but it requires my old PIN but I don't have it. when I press forget my PIN, it needs my account password. Is it possible to reset all my password?...
  5. forget Pin acount number and password

forget Pin acount number and password: I use my face detection to sign on to my laptop for years but it seems it is not working recently. I want to change my pin but it requires my old PIN but I don't have it. when I press forget my PIN, it needs my account password. Is it possible to reset all my password?...
  6. PIN Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Number: I'm locked out of Windows 10...asking for pin number...can't recall. I've tried system restore, and all other auto repair functions, etc. Nothing.Please help.Mike Pasic *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. PIN Number

PIN Number: I'm locked out of Windows 10...asking for pin number...can't recall. I've tried system restore, and all other auto repair functions, etc. Nothing.Please help.Mike Pasic *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Passwords and pin number reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Passwords and pin number reset: I have a family member who forgot her pin # and password for her login. How do I reset them so she can get her information from the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwords-and-pin-number-reset/4d04d6fa-2ecf-4d27-8018-451c2711c412
  9. PIN numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN numbers: My son is being asked for a PIN number? I do not remember a PIN or ever having one. I think he is trying to buy something for his xbox. How do I reset the PIN number for my Microsoft account? Or is it separate for and xbox account?...
  10. passwords and pin numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    passwords and pin numbers: I'm an octogenarian and I have somehow managed to set a password and pin. I woulike to remove this bit of fiddling, which also upsets my wife, so ant assistance would be greatly appreciatedf. joe 120462