Windows 10: Passwords including One Drive login and email passwords not saved after upgrading to W10 2004

Discus and support Passwords including One Drive login and email passwords not saved after upgrading to W10 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I first upgraded from 1909 several months ago but rolled back to 1909 as all of my passwords were lost. A few days ago I tried again, hoping it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sandy_UK, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Sandy_UK Win User

Passwords including One Drive login and email passwords not saved after upgrading to W10 2004

I first upgraded from 1909 several months ago but rolled back to 1909 as all of my passwords were lost. A few days ago I tried again, hoping it was fixed. It wasn't and all I've found are fixes that don't work. Every time I switch off or reboot I lose my MS password use local account for Windows, lose the passwords for my stand-alone email and lose web passwords for Edge, Chrome and even the old IE.

Is there any fix for this? If not I either have to recover 1909 or move to a mon-MS OS.

With the number of passwords one needs today, spending a few hours resetting them plus verifying every day makes the computer almost unusable.

I do not want to use just a MS login and can see no way of changing to one as all my accounts are local.

It seems that this is beta software at least and should be tested with local accounts before release to the public but there isn't any mention of it in the release notes.

Can I get my passwords back? Is there a fix or patch? This is driving me crazy and I'm wasting too much time on password entry.

I've listed this as an upgrade problem although I've successfully upgraded to 2004 twice, with the same problem.

Also the 'remember password' boxes are ticked for my email accounts.

:)

Sandy_UK, Oct 27, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 27, 2020
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

4. Passwords including One Drive login and email passwords not saved after upgrading to W10 2004

Help with password removel of WD3200BPVT

This kinda drive locking is when someone sets the password in BIOS and uses it as a 2 factor like authentication in addition to a windows login and password.

My mom prefers to use a BIOS password instead of a windows password for one laptop and the other has both a BIOS password and a login/pass for windows 7.

remixedcat, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Passwords including One Drive login and email passwords not saved after upgrading to W10 2004

1. Passwords including One Drive login and email passwords not saved after upgrading to W10 2004 - Similar Threads - Passwords including Drive

2. Unable to login to windows with email and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to windows with email and password: Even after changing password I’m unable to login to windows 8.1 laptop Sony viao as admin and even one other user also can’t. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-to-windows-with-email-and-password/dc6b3c50-85ca-48b7-a75d-de3378d6ea54
  3. Unable to login to windows with email and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login to windows with email and password: Even after changing password I’m unable to login to windows 8.1 laptop Sony viao as admin and even one other user also can’t. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-to-windows-with-email-and-password/dc6b3c50-85ca-48b7-a75d-de3378d6ea54
  4. Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004: Why is it with EVERY update Microsoft can't seem to get it right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-saving-passwords-after-windows-10/458af9fe-82d5-4fb4-ab32-bb5bcff3c1a1
  5. Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004: Since Windows 10 update 2004 loaded onto my PC, outlook 2010 will not store passwords for POP and Imap email accounts. I have to re-enter after every reboot. The password is cleared from the account settings user info page. On starting outlook it prompts for each password....
  6. W10 Local Password to Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    W10 Local Password to Login: Hello, Is there any way to set my windows 10 device to have a local password vs the password attached to my online account? I prefer to have a local password to my device. I guess a pin would work but is there any difference? Thank you...
  7. Windows 10 2004 login and password problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 2004 login and password problems: After upgrading to Windows 10 2004 programs that work with logins and passwords are forgetting the logins and passwords. Skype, Outlook, web pages, etc...... How can I fix this problem?...
  8. W10 Passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Passwords: G'day chaps and chappesses, Been asked to sort out a Tosh 50d lappy, running W10/64, which I am told is genuine. It is labelled as a W8 machine, so has been upgraded at some point, no idea who did that. Basically the user has forgotten the password. Seems to be a local...
  9. W10 Passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Passwords: G'day chaps and chappesses, Been asked to sort out a Tosh 50d lappy, running W10/64, which I am told is genuine. It is labelled as a W8 machine, so has been upgraded at some point, no idea who did that. Basically the user has forgotten the password. Seems to be a local...
  10. One Drive and Excel with Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive and Excel with Password: If a password is added to Excel, One Drive will not sync the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-and-excel-with-password/076ddf74-54a4-4c78-81d8-6d53e9406169"