Windows 10: Passwords & log in info will not save

Discus and support Passwords & log in info will not save in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop Dell Inspiron went through a big update a few weeks ago and ever since my passwords and log in information for the websites I frequently... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by THO88, Nov 2, 2020.

1. THO88 Win User

Passwords & log in info will not save

My laptop Dell Inspiron went through a big update a few weeks ago and ever since my passwords and log in information for the websites I frequently visit will not save for more than day. This is happening in both the Edge and Chrome browsers and I did confirm I have the "save password & log in info" turned on in the settings for both browsers.

Any Idea what could be causing this and how to correct it?

:)

THO88, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Khone_727 Win User
    Saving log in info

Just used Firefox and after entering log-in info, was prompted to save that. Saved it. Then, account opened.

Khone_727, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Pyeti Win User

Help getting password from firefox

There's a program called System info for windows (just google siw) and there is a section that lists all your saved passwords across all programs in windows

Pyeti, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Passwords & log in info will not save - Similar Threads - Passwords log info

2. Removing saved info

in Browsers and Email
    Removing saved info: I emailed my college teacher using Outlook and his email address now shows in the saved info box in Microsoft Edge (Window 10 21H1). Only his email address has a icon with a blue clipboard? next to it. No other saved email addresses have this icon. How do I remove his email...
  3. Moving saved passwords + other info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving saved passwords + other info: I have a new laptop that I want to have the same user info passwords in "credential manager" amongst other things that the old one has. Is there a simple method to make this possible? I´m a computer newbee so baby steps, please. Thanks...
  4. Old log on info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old log on info: How do I remove old user ID information to log in to my bank. When I log in to my bank I have to input a User ID. I have a few wrong attempts and just want to tidy it up. Cheers.....
  5. Saved Passwords

Saved Passwords: How do I edit/delete individual saved passwords in the latest July 2020 Windows 10/ Edge? I have several incorrect or superseded passwords to remove, which are a distraction on login, but don't want to delete the rest. The advice that I can find does not seem to apply any...
  6. Micfosoft/google log in info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Micfosoft/google log in info: How can I completely remove ald old/closed yahoo email from my log in page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micfosoftgoogle-log-in-info/59feafe0-5cd3-47f7-a9a8-bc90db7d512a
  7. save random notes/info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    save random notes/info: only requirement is it autosaves ever time you open app/soft it goes to that info/note cant be onenote cant be something you have to signin sometihing thaat opens fast perferred, not a hard requriement 146949
  8. Saving log in info

Saving log in info: After just upgrading to Win 10/Edge, I'm finding that a lot of times, when I access a web site requiring a user ID and password, when I enter that info, Edge does not ask me if I want to save that info. I have that option turned on in my settings. Is that normal for Win...
  9. Change log into PC info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change log into PC info: Lost my email address I have a new one how can i change my loin ifo and password to log into my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-log-into-pc-info/b1ac2470-f91a-4eab-b4e3-1584b5c2fbd4
  10. Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge: Hi there Is there any way to copy the stored passwords / account information saved in IE11 to edge I've a couple of account logins (not Banks I hasten to add) on some sites where I can't remember all the details -- logon automatically in IE11 but I need to try EDGE a...