Windows 10: passwords not accepted because "error in the form"

Discus and support passwords not accepted because "error in the form" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; all of a sudden everywhere I get an error message that my password/username "there is an error in the form" and I cannot sign into web pages... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PenelopeMason, Sep 17, 2018.

1. passwords not accepted because "error in the form"

all of a sudden everywhere I get an error message that my password/username "there is an error in the form" and I cannot sign into web pages

:)

PenelopeMason, Sep 17, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 17, 2018
  3. My windows password won't be accepted.

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to create a new user account.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with networking from lock screen.

Refer to: From the sign-in screen

Step 2: Once you are in Safe mode, I recommend you to add another user account.

Follow the below steps to create new user account from Safe mode:

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user <new user name> <password> /add" (substituting the desired username for "new user name" and the desired password for "password" example: "net user newuser 12345 /add"
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Close the command prompt and restart the computer to check if you are able to see the new user account.

Let us know if the above recommendation is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 17, 2018
  4. passwords not accepted because "error in the form"

Will not accept password in new pc

Hello,

If you remember your password but it isn’t working, make sure that Caps Lock is turned off and that your password is spelled correctly.

To better assist you, kindly answer these questions:

• Did you use a Microsoft account or a local account upon logging in to your computer?
    • What is the exact error message you're getting?
    • Did you save the credentials to at least a piece of paper and see if it's the same?
    Meanwhile, follow the steps on these links on how to reset your password:

Raymond Ave, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

passwords not accepted because "error in the form"

1. passwords not accepted because "error in the form" - Similar Threads - passwords accepted error

2. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  3. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  4. Password not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  5. Password not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  6. Password not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. .Password not accepted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    .Password not accepted: OneDrive wasn't accepting my password but my Microsoft Account was. So I changed the password in my Microsoft account but it is the only program accepting the new password. I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Also deleted Authenticator App and reinstalled but it also is...
  8. Forms & Passwords in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Forms & Passwords in Firefox: Does anyone know how to make "Ask and save passwords permanent" in Firefox? Asking Firefox is a complete waste of time. 118642
  9. Forms & Passwords in Firefox

in Windows 10 Support
    Forms & Passwords in Firefox: Does anyone know how to make "Ask and save passwords permanent" in Firefox? Asking Firefox is a complete waste of time. 118642
  10. Password reset form

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset form: Recently upgraded from 8 to 10 after a factory reset. Password confusion and now I'm locked out. Have tried the MS password reset form that kept going blank (hidden?) - I don't have an xbox, a credit whatsit, haven't sent any emails on that account ****@outlook.com etc,...