Windows 10: Passwords not being remembered

Discus and support Passwords not being remembered in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, since the last set of updates, none of the passwords that were meant to be saved for automatically entering are doing that. Some examples: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sollen1, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Sollen1 Win User

Passwords not being remembered

Hi,

since the last set of updates, none of the passwords that were meant to be saved for automatically entering are doing that.

Some examples:

1. OneDrive no longer logs in on launch of PC;

2. Outlook keeps telling me that my credentials need updating i.e. manually entering the password;

3. Online games accounts need the Username and Password entering every time - even if I check the Remember Me box.

Pretty much everything that I launch needs me to re-enter details and it's extremely frustrating.

Any ideas on the issue/and a fix good people?

Many thanks

:)

Sollen1, Aug 26, 2020
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. jec298829 Win User
    Can't remember administrator password in Windows 10

I am running Windows 10. I cannot remember my administrator password even with the clue I noted. I've tried suggestions listed on different forums, nothing works. I can sign in to Microsoft, but apparently this is a different account. So, how do I
    reset or recover my administrator password?

jec298829, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Passwords not being remembered

Edge won't remember Gmail passwords

Hi Ujjal,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question:

• Did you check the option “Remember the password” option at the sign in page?

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue.

To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Edge browser and click on the More actions icon i.e.“” located on the top right corner of the window.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    • Close the browser and login to Gmail account and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Passwords not being remembered

1. Passwords not being remembered - Similar Threads - Passwords being remembered

2. cant remember password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant remember password: I reset my windows 11 laptop but now it asks for the password and i cant Remember it ‍ ive tried answering the secret questions, which i know the answers to, but its saying they are incorrect. How can i get into my computer?...
  3. cant remember password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant remember password: I reset my windows 11 laptop but now it asks for the password and i cant Remember it ‍ ive tried answering the secret questions, which i know the answers to, but its saying they are incorrect. How can i get into my computer?...
  4. Do not remember password!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Do not remember password!: I do not remember a password to my computer & it says my security answers are not all correct. It has been a couple of years since I have used this computer. It shows up in my devices on Microsoft products but I can’t acces anything else. Please help!!!...
  5. Do not remember password!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do not remember password!: I do not remember a password to my computer & it says my security answers are not all correct. It has been a couple of years since I have used this computer. It shows up in my devices on Microsoft products but I can’t acces anything else. Please help!!!...
  6. Do not remember password!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. don't remember Administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    don't remember Administrator password: I can't remember my password for DAD on my win 10. Can you reset the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-remember-administrator-password/67ce3905-6317-43c3-9be8-f9f64a905adc
  8. Remember a Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remember a Password: I have an app and everytime I open it, I need to enter the password (it remembers my username). What can I do so it will automatically remember the password so I don't need to input it everytime?...
  9. Edge will not remember passwords!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not remember passwords!: Passwords do not work on bing. When I try to log in, it has my email stored, but then the password never autofills like Chrome does. Chrome is flawless in this regard, never had an issue. I don't get what is so hard about filling in a password. I can't be typing in complex...
  10. How to: Remember log on password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to: Remember log on password?: I have a ASUS X54C laptop running Win 10 Pro 64-bit Recently I needed to reset my laptop, and now I find that I need to enter my log-on password every time I boot up after a shutdown (e.g. I shut down my laptop every night). My laptop is always in my private study (it...