Windows 10: PASSWORDS! on Windows 10

Discus and support PASSWORDS! on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is my first post so here goes! Lately I have been so frustrated to the point of pulling my hair out over being "passworded" to death! I know there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaykayem, May 19, 2021.

1. jaykayem Win User

PASSWORDS! on Windows 10

This is my first post so here goes! Lately I have been so frustrated to the point of pulling my hair out over being "passworded" to death! I know there are more security risks, etc. than several years ago but I thinnk now a hacker would have abetter chance of getting into my files than I would! And I am also talking about my Galaxy A50 phone and my Amazon Fire Kindle. I have to do so many things to even begin to use my phone. I try to keep an up-to-date written list of my passwords, but they are hardly ever right. I think I have purchased 2 password managers but they are not behaving!! I would like some advice from some wonderful person out there who can maybe help me with this. Thanks so very,very much!

:)

jaykayem, May 19, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 19, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

PASSWORDS! on Windows 10

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 19, 2021
Thema:

PASSWORDS! on Windows 10

1. PASSWORDS! on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - PASSWORDS

2. change password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change password: i have last resetted my pc and i have done al everything what i needed to do for me but then i wanted to set my pin and i only could do 6 digits pin and not 4 digits but before my whole reboot i could easely do a 4 digits pin can i somehow change it back to 4 digits?...
  3. Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password

Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password: All the forum posts I see on this topic tell me to simply disable UAC, which is not a solution. How can I allow a standard user to launch a 3rd party application our accounting software w/o being prompted for an Admin password? How can I determine if it is UAC or another...
  4. After a Windows Update. Hello signing asking for USB and 2nd password that not setup.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After a Windows Update. Hello signing asking for USB and 2nd password that not setup.: I recently reset my Microsoft Store Cache and had a Windows 10 Update. This cause my account to be signed off from my computer's local account.When logging by Hello, it is asking for a USB to confirm my account. I never setup Hello to use any USB sign-in.When doing it by...
  5. Remember pin but forgot password Bluesreen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remember pin but forgot password Bluesreen: I tried to fix my Bluescreen problem by using a command prompt but I forgot my password since I 've been using a pin for a very long time since the other methods haven't worked....
  6. Outlook "confirm your current password" scam?

Outlook "confirm your current password" scam?: Hello, there! :I continue to have this pop-up preventing me from accessing my email the first pop-up said in all lowercase "don't lose access to your account!". It seems unprofessional to be all lowercase, so I feel like I have a virus/malware I scanned with Windows...
  7. Windows admin password problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows admin password problems: I'm trying to update my maps in my car but need to download Garmin on my laptop to do so. I'm running Windows 10 and have been for a few years now but it won't accept my admin password. I've even reset it and rebooted but still nothing?? I seriously need my map updating. What...
  8. "confirm your current password" scam?

"confirm your current password" scam?: Hello, I continue to have this pop-up preventing me from accessing my email the first pop-up said in all lowercase "don't lose access to your account!". It seems unprofessional to be all lowercase, so I feel like I have a virus/malware I scanned with Windows Defender... it...
  9. Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you are on the Windows 10 login screen, and no matter how many keypresses you make, you cannot type the password!? It’s a confusing scenario, but it only means there is a problem with the keyboard. In this post, we will suggest some tips to help you fix the...
  10. Switch a pin to a password . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch a pin to a password . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Way back when. I setup a PIN.To get onto my computer.I would like to, delete the pin.And, use a password.Please explain, how to do it?Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...