Windows 10: Passwords

Discus and support Passwords in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Could someone explain how the password system works? I know you can have a Windows password and a Microsoft Account which has one also. Which is used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by James1093, Jul 10, 2021.

1. James1093 Win User

Passwords

Could someone explain how the password system works? I know you can have a Windows password and a Microsoft Account which has one also. Which is used by windows? If the Microsoft one and it's changed how does the computer know of the change? Especially if not connected to the net.

:)

James1093, Jul 10, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

4. Passwords

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Passwords

1. Passwords - Similar Threads - Passwords

2. Demo mode on new pc. Ask for Administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Demo mode on new pc. Ask for Administrator password: Demo mode on new pc. I followed the instructions, but it asks for Administrator password . I have tried trs10, but that does not work. this is a windows 11 hp all in one computer...
  3. Demo mode on new pc. Ask for Administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Demo mode on new pc. Ask for Administrator password: Demo mode on new pc. I followed the instructions, but it asks for Administrator password . I have tried trs10, but that does not work. this is a windows 11 hp all in one computer...
  4. Demo mode on new pc. Ask for Administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer: Unable to sign into windows with password I have need new password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password-and-unable-to-sign-into-windows-on/a4819d5a-6b6e-41c9-b764-5ad203b68786
  6. Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer: Unable to sign into windows with password I have need new password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password-and-unable-to-sign-into-windows-on/a4819d5a-6b6e-41c9-b764-5ad203b68786
  7. Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer

8. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?: I have tried the hold shift go to restart and enter troubleshooting on start up, I select save my files and then I am prompted to enter the administrator password that I forgot. I don't get to the next screen to select reinstall windows from the cloud or from this device....
  9. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?: I have tried the hold shift go to restart and enter troubleshooting on start up, I select save my files and then I am prompted to enter the administrator password that I forgot. I don't get to the next screen to select reinstall windows from the cloud or from this device....
  10. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen