Windows 10: passwords

Discus and support passwords in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear @maranna: if the recommended solution worked for you, please mark this thread solved by clicking the green button at the top right of the window... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

passwords

Dear @maranna:
    if the recommended solution worked for you, please mark this thread solved by clicking the green button at the top right of the window for this thread:

passwords [​IMG]

That way, other visitors to TenForums will know that your question was answered. It also lets them know that a solution that might work for them is described in the thread.
    Thanks in advance for doing this, and best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
  2. maranna Win User

Is the UEFI password asked on some machines the same as the MS password use to log in as admin?

Once the secure boot is disabled and the boot order set, you can boot from a stick. Does it have to be formatted as UEFI for this to work?

:)

maranna, Apr 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Family Safety

I assume the problem is from corrupt family settings files. It does not seem that the old win7/8 files are transferred or compatible with win10.

Passwords and Settings, Apr 15, 2018
  4. passwords

Where do I allow specific programs for Windows 10 Family Safety?

Family safety has changed a lot and is not as useful as before. I do not see any way to allow or block applications. Online usage and computer is almost unrestricted. Monitoring time usage is also difficult.

"For apps & games, we've simplified how restrictions are set. You can choose an age setting for them, and based on that, they'll be able to only download apps and games that have been rated appropriate for their age. "

Apps are unrestricted because most have no age limit.

Passwords and Settings, Apr 15, 2018
  5. No, they are completely separate.

Once Secure Boot is disabled, you can boot to any bootable type of media, whether that be a USB, DVD, or CD. It needs to be a bootable device, not specified specifically as UEFI.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 15, 2018
  6. maranna Win User
    I understand now and thank you very much for your help.

BTW, once the secure boot is disabled, does it enable, once rebooted, or is this something you do?

maranna, Apr 15, 2018
  7. You will have to enable Secure Boot. Only if the BIOS settings were cleared would it reset on its own.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

passwords

1. passwords - Similar Threads - passwords

2. Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?: I have 3 browsers. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. All three require me to enter my password at sites like Amazon and go through a 2-step verification. Or when I have to sign in using Google, I have to use my cell phone to ID myself.It's a lot of annoyance and never happened...
  3. Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?: I have 3 browsers. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. All three require me to enter my password at sites like Amazon and go through a 2-step verification. Or when I have to sign in using Google, I have to use my cell phone to ID myself.It's a lot of annoyance and never happened...
  4. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  5. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  6. passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    passwords: so I was told to use Libre office from my coach its free if I use it and keep track of passwords is this suggested by others since I keep changing every 3-5 months thanks ? I have a few things passworded for documents also. that are confidential....
  7. passwords

passwords: so I was told to use Libre office from my coach its free if I use it and keep track of passwords is this suggested by others since I keep changing every 3-5 months thanks ? I have a few things passworded for documents also. that are confidential....
  8. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  9. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  10. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Customization