Windows 10: passwords

Discus and support passwords in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear @maranna: if the recommended solution worked for you, please mark this thread solved by clicking the green button at the top right of the window... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

passwords

Dear @maranna:
    if the recommended solution worked for you, please mark this thread solved by clicking the green button at the top right of the window for this thread:

passwords [​IMG]

That way, other visitors to TenForums will know that your question was answered. It also lets them know that a solution that might work for them is described in the thread.
    Thanks in advance for doing this, and best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
  2. maranna Win User

Is the UEFI password asked on some machines the same as the MS password use to log in as admin?

Once the secure boot is disabled and the boot order set, you can boot from a stick. Does it have to be formatted as UEFI for this to work?

:)

maranna, Apr 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Family Safety

I assume the problem is from corrupt family settings files. It does not seem that the old win7/8 files are transferred or compatible with win10.

Passwords and Settings, Apr 15, 2018
  4. passwords

Where do I allow specific programs for Windows 10 Family Safety?

Family safety has changed a lot and is not as useful as before. I do not see any way to allow or block applications. Online usage and computer is almost unrestricted. Monitoring time usage is also difficult.

"For apps & games, we've simplified how restrictions are set. You can choose an age setting for them, and based on that, they'll be able to only download apps and games that have been rated appropriate for their age. "

Apps are unrestricted because most have no age limit.

Passwords and Settings, Apr 15, 2018
  5. No, they are completely separate.

Once Secure Boot is disabled, you can boot to any bootable type of media, whether that be a USB, DVD, or CD. It needs to be a bootable device, not specified specifically as UEFI.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 15, 2018
  6. maranna Win User
    I understand now and thank you very much for your help.

BTW, once the secure boot is disabled, does it enable, once rebooted, or is this something you do?

maranna, Apr 15, 2018
  7. You will have to enable Secure Boot. Only if the BIOS settings were cleared would it reset on its own.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

passwords

1. passwords - Similar Threads - passwords

2. Safe mode no password Win 10 problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode no password Win 10 problem: As my computer had been getting hot recently followed a procedure to rectify which involved going into safe mode. Unfortunately as many others have experienced my finger print and pin password was by passed and could remember password. Have followed previous threads as this...
  3. Upgrading to windows 10 again will cause me to enter a password before entering the pc ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to windows 10 again will cause me to enter a password before entering the pc ?: Hi , so i was having windows 10 before with a password sign up at the start but then i dis-upgrade it , and today i want to upgrade again to windows 10 for life ! , but the problem that making me worry is that if i re-upgrade to windows 10 i will end up with sign-in account...
  4. Blurred screen on start up, No password box, Pin and credentials cannot be verified.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurred screen on start up, No password box, Pin and credentials cannot be verified.: Went out to go furniture shopping, turned off PC after using it. Came back, turned on PC and screen was blurred with no text or anything on it. I wait for a bit prob 5-10 minutes, I get the box for my pin, I put in my pin but it says credentials cannot be verified. Bought...
  5. Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.: It is 100% the same topic and the same issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-ask-for-windows-10-password-to-view/4a79577b-1f92-42e3-95f1-b1b5bac0da6e The problem is though: #1 Google or the Google members don't respond to Google...
  6. Please help me try if Internet Explorer save password?

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help me try if Internet Explorer save password?: Hello, can somebody try the steps below to see if you are able to save password inside internet explorer. I want check if my internet explorer is working correctly or not. I have done these steps. 1. open internet explorer>settings button on top right>internet...
  7. Forgot password

Forgot password: I forgot my window 10 password but i know the PIN of it. My laptop shows some errors while installation of a software and some when using a program.I tried with Cmd promt to change password but not get it also administration access is not working . I'm not able ro open...
  8. Forgot window 10 password

Forgot window 10 password: I forgot my window 10 password but i know the PIN of it. My laptop shows some errors while installation of a software and some when using a program.I tried with Cmd promt to change password but not get it also administration access is not working . I'm not able ro open...
  9. Stuck in safemode without networking. Don't know password

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in safemode without networking. Don't know password: Hey My video drivers had issues and I decided to go to safemode and DDU . Little did I know that I couldn't use the pin and had to use a password. I'm now stuck in safe mode without network so I can't change password either. Tried - bcdedit /deletevalue blah blah -bcdedit...
  10. Forget Bitlocker Password and Lost Recovery Key

Forget Bitlocker Password and Lost Recovery Key: hi i have a surface pro 3 with windows 8 updated to win 10 now win 10 original I forgot Bitlocker Password and Lost Recovery Key but i have only recovery id microsoft can help me to regenerate recovery key or any solution to solve this problem ?...