Windows 10: Paste and Paste Special Grayed Out, Windows 10 using New Edge

Discus and support Paste and Paste Special Grayed Out, Windows 10 using New Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since the new Edge was foisted upon me, cannot Paste any copied images. Have been experiencing this problem for 4 days now and don't need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SallyLycke, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Paste and Paste Special Grayed Out, Windows 10 using New Edge

Ever since the new Edge was foisted upon me, cannot Paste any copied images. Have been experiencing this problem for 4 days now and don't need gobblegook I'm NOT a programmer.

:)

SallyLycke, Mar 17, 2020

2. Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office)

I'm used to using OneNote 2016 in Office 365 ProPlus, and I often use Paste Special and Paste as Text Only. I can't seem to find this functionality in OneNote on Windows 10. Any suggestions on what to click or any keyboard shortcuts? Thanks.

D.Somebody, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Ivan Ho Win User
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin

But...

I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution, no suggestions have resolved the issue. I can paste clipboard URL into Chrome or FF or Notepad or Word or [You name the app here], but not in the Edge address bar. AND, it is not limited to the address bar; I cannot paste anything into the search bar either. I can type in either bar, just not able to paste clipboard data.

I have tried all of the following, to no avail:

1) Click in address or search bar or Ctrl + L, then Ctrl + V
    2) Click in address or search bar or Ctrl + L, right-mouse click and select "Paste"
    3) Settings | App | Microsoft Edge | Advanced options | Repair
    4) Settings | App | Microsoft Edge | Advanced options | Reset
    5) Open Edge Settings | Privacy & security | Show search and site suggestions as I type: Disable (i.e., turn off)

I have seen no other suggestions, as of yet.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Windows version: 64-bit Windows 10 1903 (clean install--new laptop; not an update from other version/build)
    Edge version: 44.18362.267.0
    Edge HTML version: 18.18362

Ivan Ho, Mar 17, 2020
  4. JATownes Win User

Paste and Paste Special Grayed Out, Windows 10 using New Edge

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Paste and Paste Special Grayed Out, Windows 10 using New Edge

1. Paste and Paste Special Grayed Out, Windows 10 using New Edge - Similar Threads - Paste Paste Special

2. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  6. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

8. Wrong icons in the Paste Special dialog of Word 365

Wrong icons in the Paste Special dialog of Word 365: In my latest update of Word 365, when I copy a text, for example, and try to do Paste Special, the Paste Special dialog shows wrong icons for all options:Any idea to fix this?It was good recently....
  9. Pasting and using new Edge user-friendly URL format not working in OneNote

Pasting and using new Edge user-friendly URL format not working in OneNote: There is a new feature in Edge that displays a more user-friendly link when you copy a URL and paste it into a document, but it seems to have some problems when pasted into OneNote for Windows. For example, there is a Microsoft Documents page about C# with the following real...
  10. Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office)

Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office): I'm used to using OneNote 2016 in Office 365 ProPlus, and I often use Paste Special and Paste as Text Only. I can't seem to find this functionality in OneNote on Windows 10. Any suggestions on what to click or any keyboard shortcuts? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowss 10 paste greyed out

2. paste and paste shortcut are grayed out in Windows 10