Windows 10: Paste shortcut is no longer working

Discus and support Paste shortcut is no longer working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Until yesterday, copy and pasting was working fine. Now, for whatever reason, my PC refuses to recognize ctrl+v. Copying works fine, and pasting works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaptainMcBeardo, May 11, 2020.

1. Paste shortcut is no longer working

Until yesterday, copy and pasting was working fine. Now, for whatever reason, my PC refuses to recognize ctrl+v. Copying works fine, and pasting works fine as long as I can right click and click the paste button. It's just the shortcut that no longer works. I've tried a few different fixes (sfc scannow, launching rdpclip, re-enabling ctrl shortcuts in the cmd window, making sure Windows is up-to-date). The problem isn't limited to any one program, either. Ctrl+v doesn't work anywhere, and I don't believe it's my keyboard, because my mouse has paste bound to the side buttons, but it doesn't work there either.
    Has anybody had a similar problem, or know of a solution?

submitted by /u/CaptainMcBeardo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CaptainMcBeardo, May 11, 2020

2. this shortcut will no longer work

Providing it is still installed go to the Program you wish to make a Shortcut to.

It should still be listed in your Local Disk > Program Files.

Right Click on the Programs .exe file.

Hover the mouse over Send to.

Select : Desktop ( Create Shortcut ).

Message has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly.

do you want delete this shortcut.

EmbryonicCoot1, May 11, 2020
  3. this shortcut will no longer work

Providing it is still installed go to the Program you wish to make a Shortcut to.

Message has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly.

do you want delete this shortcut.

The message that the Shortcut was related to you deleted ( sent to the recycle bin ).

You then went to the recycle bin and right clicked the message and selected restore if i am not mistaken and when you tried to open it, ...... it presented you with the message "this shortcut will no longer work".

Do you know what created the message / what the message extension was / and if it was something to do with E-Mail or other ?

It may be possible that it requires a link to a Portal / Cloud / On-line so to that point it could possibly no longer work.

( If you still have the message which you tried to restore back to your Desktop right click on it and select Properties ).

What does its General properties state ?

This Message which you may have edited may still be on your computer in another location.

Frank N St31n, May 11, 2020
  4. Paste shortcut is no longer working

this shortcut will no longer work

Frank N St31n, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Paste shortcut is no longer working

1. Paste shortcut is no longer working - Similar Threads - Paste shortcut longer

2. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  3. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  4. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working: All of a sudden my keyboard shortcuts ie Ctrl+O etc no longer work. Is there a way that I can toggle this back on? I must have accidentally turned them off?...
  6. Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working: All of a sudden my keyboard shortcuts ie Ctrl+O etc no longer work. Is there a way that I can toggle this back on? I must have accidentally turned them off?...
  7. copy paste shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy paste shortcuts not working: Hey, Recently my copy paste shortcuts stopped working, but only on my desktop and in the file explorer. In all other apps they are still working and when I rightclick on a file, then I can copy it manually and it is working. But the shprtcuts doesnt even show up right next...
  8. Desktop shortcuts no longer work

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcuts no longer work: Completely out of the blue last night, the majority of the desktop shortcuts I have to Internet sites have stopped working! I can access them on my Android phone, but not on my PC. I am using Firefox as my browser and Windows 10. Any thoughts as to why this might be...
  9. Internet Shortcuts no longer working

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Shortcuts no longer working: I have a problem with Internet short-cuts on my Desktop. This has only occurred since the April 2018 update. Internet short-cuts which previously worked ok now appear to open a text file. Which looks like this: [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,2...
  10. Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?: Hi all. Firefox was working ten minutes ago, but clicking on the task bar and start menu shortcuts now results in a message that the application can no longer be found. According to Windows settings 'add and remove programs' it's still there. It seems possible that the...