Windows 10: Paste within or between Word docs loses formatting

Discus and support Paste within or between Word docs loses formatting in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I use Word (Office 365; Win 10 Pro 1903) for music lead sheets. I have the guitar chords in a larger font on a line above the lyric. If I try to copy... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by KenY7744, Dec 12, 2019.

1. KenY7744 Win User

Paste within or between Word docs loses formatting

I use Word (Office 365; Win 10 Pro 1903) for music lead sheets. I have the guitar chords in a larger font on a line above the lyric.

If I try to copy the line of chords (in red in the following screenshot), and then paste it into the 3rd line above the line "The oranges are piled...", the formatting reverts to the document default. The paste then looks like this:

Paste within or between Word docs loses formatting [​IMG]

Here is a screenshot of my Word Options/Advanced, Copy Paste section:

Paste within or between Word docs loses formatting [​IMG]

I've never had this happen before, and I've done this kind of copy/paste for many years through many different versions of Word.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

:)

KenY7744, Dec 12, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

windows 10 upgrade format problems in pasting word docs into emails

Hi Pip'smom,

We'd like to learn more about your concern. Help us verify the following:

• Can you show us a screenshot of what the statement looks like in Word and in your email? Use the Snipping Tool.
    • Which version of Office are you using?
    • Were you able to copy and paste the same formatting from other sources, like Word online, Google Docs, etc?

We look forward to your response.

John Ado, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Pip'smom Win User
    windows 10 upgrade format problems in pasting word docs into emails

After yesterday's (July 10th) Windows 10 upgrade I lose punctuation formatting when pasting a Word doc into my email messages eg: "Lara Jean’s personality—goofy, awkward, prone to strong emotions, and entirely naïve when it
    comes to boys—give this touching story an individuality and charm all its own."

★ Publishers Weekly

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Pip'smom, Dec 12, 2019
  4. sttubs Win User

accidental Word doc closed

I was working on a Word doc (office 2007) & accidentally closed the document. Am I totally screwed or is there a way to recall it?

sttubs, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Paste within or between Word docs loses formatting - Similar Threads - Paste within between

2. Wordcount Different in Windows and within Word doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordcount Different in Windows and within Word doc: When calculating wordcount, there is a discrepancy between the figure that the Windows OS calculates, vs the wordcount calculated in Word when the document is opened up. How can i ensure the higher wordcount from within the Word doc is reflected in the window?...
  3. Wordcount Different in Windows and within Word doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordcount Different in Windows and within Word doc: When calculating wordcount, there is a discrepancy between the figure that the Windows OS calculates, vs the wordcount calculated in Word when the document is opened up. How can i ensure the higher wordcount from within the Word doc is reflected in the window?...
  4. Wordcount Different in Windows and within Word doc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  6. How to cut email text and paste it to Word doc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to cut email text and paste it to Word doc: My first note is for the page designers who, in the name of Microsoft, put before the public this rudimentary, confusing, and unattractive reception area to the online equivalent of the help desk of a multinational corporation. Delete the tiny word "subject"; put the...
  7. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  8. Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?

Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?: How do I convert a text doc into a word doc? Thanks- LB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/converting-a-txt-doc-into-a-word-doc/d8192142-066d-49d9-b2ee-c5098ea28b03
  9. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  10. Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format: Hi All, I have a question related to one I posed earlier tonight - and which may solve the problem. I have several folders which contain thousands of documents which I converted from WordPerfect to Word Document format. How would I change each of the thousands of files...