Windows 10: Pasted files disappeared

Discus and support Pasted files disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! so I was moving files from a sd memory to my external disc. I cut them and pasted them and now theyre gone. My computer can see the folders that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by martinayllw, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Pasted files disappeared

Hi! so I was moving files from a sd memory to my external disc. I cut them and pasted them and now theyre gone. My computer can see the folders that it created but it tells me that it cant access them cause they are located on my disc and its either not plugged in or the location got moved or deleted. but they arent in my disc or the computer at all. I dont know how to recover this files cause they arent deleted. they just kinda dissapeared

:)

martinayllw, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Pech_096 Win User

The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    I don't use any app to convert the files. I just copy the m4a files from my music folder. Then I paste the m4a files in my android phone drive that connected to my laptop. Then a windows pop-up that shows the option converting m4a files to wma files appears.
    You can see the windows pop-up in below picture. Now the windows pop-up is disappeared.

Pasted files disappeared b4c1c11b-71d2-4bbb-a1ed-65ca65cf6f71.jpg

This picture was taken a screenshot from the video

• When did the issue start to happen?
    I found this problem last week. However, I didn't convert m4a files to wma files since May, 2017.

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    I updated windows several times prior to the issue.

• Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?
    I haven't done any troubleshooting steps.

Pech_096, Mar 4, 2020
  3. JATownes Win User
    Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Pasted files disappeared

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Pasted files disappeared

1. Pasted files disappeared - Similar Threads - Pasted files disappeared

2. Windows Explorer crashes, taskbar disappears momentarily - while trying to paste files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashes, taskbar disappears momentarily - while trying to paste files...: This is a recent issue with my Windows 11 PC. Any time I try to copy and paste files or folders, windows explorer closes itself. Additionally, the taskbar will disappear for a couple seconds, then reappear. The issue also happens when I right click and "send to" a different...
  3. Windows Explorer crashes, taskbar disappears momentarily - while trying to paste files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crashes, taskbar disappears momentarily - while trying to paste files...: This is a recent issue with my Windows 11 PC. Any time I try to copy and paste files or folders, windows explorer closes itself. Additionally, the taskbar will disappear for a couple seconds, then reappear. The issue also happens when I right click and "send to" a different...
  4. Cut & paste: - files have disappeared after cutting, just folders to appeared

Cut & paste: - files have disappeared after cutting, just folders to appeared: Hello... i need help..So i try moving all files from phone to my laptop and i was cut and paste on local disk D. When the process was showed if it was "moving". But idk why it suddenly stop process and like finish. So i check, all folders was paste. But all files in folders...
  5. Cut & paste: - files have disappeared after cutting, just folders to appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cut & paste: - files have disappeared after cutting, just folders to appeared: Hello... i need help..So i try moving all files from phone to my laptop and i was cut and paste on local disk D. When the process was showed if it was "moving". But idk why it suddenly stop process and like finish. So i check, all folders was paste. But all files in folders...
  6. Cut & paste: - files have disappeared after cutting, just folders to appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. disappearing files

disappearing files: All my word document seem to have gone into the one drive. However I cannot access any of them, the computer tells me they are not available, nor are they available in the C Drive any ideas where I can retrieve them from please I have now found the files but they are only...
  8. One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting

One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting: Hello, I was moving my data from local drive to One-Drive for Business using cut paste, it was taking time so i decided to cancel the same and intended to try it again later. Unfortunately, the folders and files from source location gone missing. Could you please help me...
  9. Words disappearing when pasting into posts

Words disappearing when pasting into posts: Curious if anybody else has whole words disappearing when pasting into posts. So I type everything in word 1st then pasting in my posts. I do this because sometimes my post disappears before I have a chance to actually post it if I accidentally hit the enter key and Facebook...
  10. Cannot paste files ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot paste files ...: Hello Gang, I have a work system, and the issue as in existence on 7 prior to my upgrade today, but I wanted to bounce this off the community. Ok, I cannot paste files. If I have a folder open on the desktop and want to right click and do it, or by KB, I just don't get...