Windows 10: Pasting copied images to File Explorer

Discus and support Pasting copied images to File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday I could copy images from a browser and paste them straight to the file explorer. The assigned name consisted of random numbers and letters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yamiko_Hikari, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Pasting copied images to File Explorer

Yesterday I could copy images from a browser and paste them straight to the file explorer. The assigned name consisted of random numbers and letters but the whole point is that I could copy and paste the image straight to the desired folder or any other program. I'm trying it now and pasting does work in other programs, like Discord, but it doesn't work in file explorer. Can I somehow fix this, so I can paste to the file explorer again?

:)

Yamiko_Hikari, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows Explorer Copy and Paste problems

Hi,

The copy/paste problem could be due to Windows Explorer issue or faulty keyboard.

Wewould like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Is the issue also happening when trying to copy/paste any Office files, or is it only happening in Windows Explorer?
    • Have you tried other ways like; right-click + Copy, then right-click + Paste?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jul 3, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Pasting copied images to File Explorer

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Pasting copied images to File Explorer

1. Pasting copied images to File Explorer - Similar Threads - Pasting copied images

2. Issue with Copying and Pasting Images on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Copying and Pasting Images on Windows: Hello,I am experiencing an issue with my Windows computer when copying and pasting images from the web. When I copy an image in JPG format from the web and try to paste it into a messaging application, the image is automatically converted to a PNG file with a large file size....
  3. Copy/Paste not working in File Explorer Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy/Paste not working in File Explorer Photo viewer: Hello all,I am running Windows 11 home and have installed all updates as of 28-Jun-2023. I am going through photos to select which ones I want to pull out to edit. Normally, I do this by going through photos in the photo viewer and when I come across a photo I want to pull...
  4. cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer': cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cutcopypaste-disable-in-file-explorer/2d5da5c7-e22a-48e0-922b-f5535697c0d6
  5. cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer': cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cutcopypaste-disable-in-file-explorer/2d5da5c7-e22a-48e0-922b-f5535697c0d6
  6. cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer'

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. File Explorer Won't Copy or Paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Won't Copy or Paste: I've been trying to copy, paste and delete files on a couple of USB sticks and I've just run into problem after problem. Usually everything works fine, but today I've had some really weird things happen. When I was trying to copy and paste files, it said I could copy and...
  8. File Explorer and File Copy/Paste etc functions not working

File Explorer and File Copy/Paste etc functions not working: After a windows update some time ago, I cannot copy, paste, move, or cut files. Even CTRL+C and CTRL+V is not working for files nor drag and dropping. I am also not able to create new folders nor view the properties of files. And I don't see any of these options when I right...
  9. Copy and paste in Windows 10 file explorer resulting in corrupt copies

Copy and paste in Windows 10 file explorer resulting in corrupt copies: Hello, I encountered a very serious issue with trying to copy and paste files to a backup hard drive in Windows file explorer by using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Usually I determine whether my backups are complete and in agreement with each other by doing a casual comparison of...
  10. File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working: Hi there, I need some help seeing at MS Support could not solve the problem. When trying to copy and paste a file from File Explorer (or Desktop), my "Paste" operations remains disabled. As if the copy operation never actually copied the file. I also noticed that when I...