Windows 10: Pasting image into Paint

Discus and support Pasting image into Paint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After recent Windows update, Microsoft Paint started pasting images from clipboard in reduced size/quality. Pasting the same image from the clipboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael Bugaevski, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Pasting image into Paint

After recent Windows update, Microsoft Paint started pasting images from clipboard in reduced size/quality. Pasting the same image from the clipboard into Word document - pasts normal.

I have been using Paint for 15 years every day, and only recently I ran into this problem.

I am using Windows 10.

If needed I can provide screenshot. Please tell me how?

Thank you.

Michael.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Michael Bugaevski, Jan 25, 2019

2. Cannot edit images when saved in Fresh paint

Hi Kamila,

As per the information, I understand that when you save an image drawn in Fresh Paint, you are unable to edit the image once saved.

If the above is true, I suggest that you follow the steps below to save the image in a manner that will allow you to edit it.

• To save your painting right click on fresh paint and click on
      Save as
      . You will get an option to select the location.
    • Select the location and save the painting.
    • When you reopen fresh paint you will be on the painting you used before closing fresh paint. If you do not get the painting, you may click on image and go to the location and select the image to edit.

For added information on Fresh Paint refer to the FAQ below

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Note: Also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 25, 2019
  3. MS Paint Paste Image Problem

Paint left white artifacts around the edges of an image pasted onto another image. How can I get rid of these?

Specifics:

I have Windows 10, latest update (today) with MS Paint on a PC

1. Trimmed part of an image using the background color set to white with the eraser tool

2. Selected all with transparent selection active

3. Copied image to the clipboard

4. Opened another image and set selection type to Transparent

5. Pasted original image. It left white artifacts around the edges of the pasted image.

Grasshopper187, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Pasting image into Paint

Pasting a picture into Paint from <prt.Sc>

Hi Francene,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Paint to paste the screen shots on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly are you referring to when you say: "This version doesn't appear"?
    • What happens when you press Ctrl+ V keys on Paint window?

Try the below steps and check if you are able to paste and save the screen shots on MS Paint.

• Try to access the picture you want to take the screen shot, press Print Screen
      button from the keyboard.
    • Open MS Paint by pressing Windows key, type
      paint and select MS Paint from the displayed options.
    • Press Ctrl + V keys to Paste the picture, later press
      Ctrl + S keys to Save the picture and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Pasting image into Paint

1. Pasting image into Paint - Similar Threads - Pasting image Paint

2. Snipping Tool pastes on Paint but wont paste on MS Word. Also images pasted to paint wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool pastes on Paint but wont paste on MS Word. Also images pasted to paint wont...: Please see attached image for details.The snipping tool snips image, and once copied, it prints blank box on MS Word. But prints the image fine on Paint. Print screen also pastes fine on Paint, but same problem - it does not paste image on MS Word, just a blank box....
  3. Snipping Tool pastes on Paint but wont paste on MS Word. Also images pasted to paint wont...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool pastes on Paint but wont paste on MS Word. Also images pasted to paint wont...: Please see attached image for details.The snipping tool snips image, and once copied, it prints blank box on MS Word. But prints the image fine on Paint. Print screen also pastes fine on Paint, but same problem - it does not paste image on MS Word, just a blank box....
  4. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint copy and paste: Hello, Ever since the new Windows 11 update, MS paint keep resizing my pictures. Everytime I copy a MS paint picture in MS powerpoint or MS word, my picture is smaller exactly 28%. Resizing it causes a loss in image quality. do not compress in advance options of MS powerpoint...
  5. MS Paint copy and paste

MS Paint copy and paste: Hello, Ever since the new Windows 11 update, MS paint keep resizing my pictures. Everytime I copy a MS paint picture in MS powerpoint or MS word, my picture is smaller exactly 28%. Resizing it causes a loss in image quality. do not compress in advance options of MS powerpoint...
  6. How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?: Some time ago I created simple sketches in Paint for Word documents, but did not save these as dedicated image files. Now, if I want to re-edit one of those sketches, I would need to get them back from Word into Paint without the blur that is now being introduced. This...
  7. How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?

How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?: Some time ago I created simple sketches in Paint for Word documents, but did not save these as dedicated image files. Now, if I want to re-edit one of those sketches, I would need to get them back from Word into Paint without the blur that is now being introduced. This...
  8. Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint: Hello,I work a lot with images and it is essential for me to know the dimensions of an image I am about to copy and paste. In the Pictures folder on the C drive, I obviously get this information by hovering over the image BUTwhen I copied my entire Pictures folder to a...
  9. Lost An Image On Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost An Image On Paint: Hello, I have been working on a drawing in paint for some time now and I have been making sure to manually save it whenever I make progress. Last night I saved once more and closed my laptop, but I did not shut it down. This morning when I went to continue working on it the...
  10. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Paint copy and paste: Since around the 12th August update I have had a problem with MS Paint (not the 3D version). Trying to copy and paste small areas of a picture still works as before but not if you then want to move the pasted bit. Pasted bits below a certain number of pixels can't be moved...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pasting a pic in paint lowers analysis