Windows 10: Pasting multiple items from Windows 10 clipboard history into the same document

Discus and support Pasting multiple items from Windows 10 clipboard history into the same document in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Suppose I want to paste more than one item from Windows 10 clipboard history into a document. Is it possible to make windows 10 clipboard history... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by parmundsinghoutlookdotcom, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Pasting multiple items from Windows 10 clipboard history into the same document

Suppose I want to paste more than one item from Windows 10 clipboard history into a document. Is it possible to make windows 10 clipboard history pop-up persist after pasting one item so that I do not have to press Windows + V shortcut repeatedly for each item? Thanks

:)

parmundsinghoutlookdotcom, Jul 14, 2020

2. Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example,
    I might go grab something from the web via CTRL + C, and then try to copy it into an email, only to find that the pasted material is something I previously copied, not the material I copied most recently. At that point I have to go back, re-copy the stuff
    from the web, and try the paste command again. This works, but performing this sequence of steps twice most of the time is a pain in the...keyboard.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

David Dodenhoff, Jul 14, 2020
  3. BetwixtAg Win User
    Pasting from clipboard

Thank you, The first suggestion worked. The second did also provided I did not click in the Paint window first.

I'd spent some time trying to work it out for myself but was fooled by the clipboard window always closing prematurely. So thanks again.

Also thanks to Frederick, although solved, I've noted your alternative suggestion.

BetwixtAg, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Pasting multiple items from Windows 10 clipboard history into the same document

clipboard

Hello,

In Windows 10 build 17666 or later, clipboard is available.

Try these steps

1. Right click Start Button or press Windows + X keys and select Settings.

2. In the Settings app, navigate to System > Clipboard.

3. Under Clipboard, toggle the Save multiple items option to On. This should enable clipboard history on the go.

4. Close Settings app.

You can now press Windows + V keys to view clipboard history.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Pasting multiple items from Windows 10 clipboard history into the same document

1. Pasting multiple items from Windows 10 clipboard history into the same document - Similar Threads - Pasting multiple items

2. Is there a shortcut to paste multiple items from 'extended clipboard' without closing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a shortcut to paste multiple items from 'extended clipboard' without closing the...: Is there a shortcut to paste multiple items from 'extended clipboard' without closing the window in between? Say I want to post 4 or 5 different items that I've saved to the clipboard, but I don't want to have to hit Win+V in between each one. I already know about holding...
  3. Is there a shortcut to paste multiple items from 'extended clipboard' without closing the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a shortcut to paste multiple items from 'extended clipboard' without closing the...: Is there a shortcut to paste multiple items from 'extended clipboard' without closing the window in between? Say I want to post 4 or 5 different items that I've saved to the clipboard, but I don't want to have to hit Win+V in between each one. I already know about holding...
  4. Multiple Clipboard / Paste Options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Clipboard / Paste Options: Looking for an app or function that will allow me to paste different things, with different keybinds. Example if I push Ctrl+V it pastes one part of text saved to the clip board, but if I hit ctrl+somethingelse it pastes in something different, without having to go over to...
  5. Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item: I use the Windows 10 Clipboard History Win + V feature often. Recently, it stopped working correctly. It now doesn't matter which item I select from the list, it will only paste the most recent value. In this screenshot, I can select any item either via the keyboard or...
  6. clipboard history paste of most recent item fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clipboard history paste of most recent item fails: Hi, Win10 has a newish feature "clipboard history" that you can invoke with WinKey-V. This brings up the clipboard history. So far so good. But, occasionally, the paste of the first topmost, most recently copied item fails to paste. Fails in all applications where I try to...
  7. Pasting from clipboard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pasting from clipboard: I have saved a screen shot image .png to the clipboard using Win+Shift+S but how do I copy/paste it out, say to the Desktop? Pressing Win+V opens a small window displaying the icon with a menu to Pin or Unpin. However, it does not respond to a Right click and selecting the...
  8. Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item: Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example, I might go...
  9. Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10: How to: Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 How to Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How...
  10. Pasting multiple things from clipboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pasting multiple things from clipboard?: Is there some way in Win10 to have multiple things on the clipboard and be able to, using hotkeys, paste the different things from the clipboard? Can this be done natively? If not, is there some way to do it with something small and portable? 79264