Windows 10: Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked

Discus and support Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; By default, when I paste a website's URL copied from the browser address bar to a Mail app message, it will hyperlink the URL make it clickable but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DegOme, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DegOme Win User

Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked

By default, when I paste a website's URL copied from the browser address bar to a Mail app message, it will hyperlink the URL make it clickable but change its text to the title of the webpage... this can be a problem for someone not sure of what the link is actually for if the title is weird or ambiguous or vague.

It's an additional problem if the title of two different URLs are the same, such as on different pages, or if the URL includes an in-page reference that begins with the # pound symbol; these will always show the same title in the hyperlink.

I'm not finding where to change the default paste behavior to just show the URL but also hyperlinked like what Gmail does.

I did find that while editing an email message, I can click the Insert tab at the top, then click Link, but then I have to paste the URL into both the "Text to display" and "Address" fields to get the behavior I need. This is a lot of steps for something that's a default behavior in other email apps.

:)

DegOme, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 mail hyperlinks

Hi,

Since the option above did not work, we suggest resetting the Mail application by following the steps below:

• Click Settings and choose System.
    • Click on Apps & features, scroll down at the right side and choose
      Mail and Calendar.
    • Click Advance options then click Reset tab (A check mark will show up when reset is done.).
    • Open Mail app, sign-in on your account and check if you will be able to click on the hyperlinks.

NOTE: Resetting it might delete the data/appointments that you have on the Calendar. We suggest performing a back up before resetting it.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail app not working

Hello Bruce,

As you are facing issues with accessing the hyperlinks in Mail app, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log-in to Windows Store, search for the Mail app and check if there are any updates found for the app.

If so, try to install the update and check if it helps.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked

Windows 10 mail app HTML rendering for hyperlinks

Hi,

As per the above query you are not able to remove underline for some hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail app.

If you are referring to only removing the underline of the hyperlink than follow the below steps :

1. Select the hyperlink .i.e. Point the cursor to the start point of the hyperlink press left click and drag till the end.

2. Click on the underline option in the mail app.

Underline will be removed for the hyperlink.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.
    Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked

1. Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked - Similar Threads - Pasting URLs Mail

2. URL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    URL: How to get the URL of a downloaded file that is being downloaded by Windows’ downloader? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url/b18ea3aa-a24e-4934-ad0e-9acb0dd028d8
  3. URL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URL: How to get the URL of a downloaded file that is being downloaded by Windows’ downloader? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url/b18ea3aa-a24e-4934-ad0e-9acb0dd028d8
  4. URL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to display full URL in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to display full URL in Edge?: I have disabled 2 flags, but it seems to work only on some webpages, not on http? Code: #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-scheme #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-trivial-subdomains The problem is that I block port 80, so I need to add "s" to open it. HTTPS redirect...
  6. Win 10 Host File and Full URL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Host File and Full URL: hi, I was just reading about your host blocks and followed the directions to a T. but, I'm still having issues even after clearing DNS cache. So, if I try and block https://signup.mathmedia.net that pops up from another webpage it changes its full URL after ".net" each time....
  7. Copy/paste URL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy/paste URL: Hello. On a Mac when you right click a domain URL someone has sent you, you have the option to copy the URL (https://) or just the domain name itself. Does anyone know if a tool/tweak for something like this exists on windows 10. My job has me copy/pasting a lot of domain...
  8. Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's

Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's: The windows 10 mail app won't let me paste a url I copied from chrome. In fact, it won't let me paste ANY text at all. I have cleared all my browser cookies/cache and tried using the ctrl + c/v to copy/paste the text instead, but still nothing! And I'm NOT saying the link...
  9. URL popups in mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    URL popups in mail: How can I get rid of those very annoying URL popups in mail? They did not appear in earlier versions of Windows and I wish to hide them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-popups-in-mail/440454c6-6edf-4833-8760-8fefa867c6bb
  10. Pasting a URL into Mail

Pasting a URL into Mail: The default mail application in Windows does not let you paste a into the body of the message. This is absolutely abysmal usability. Looking at the help and community areas, there is a plethora of people with similar issues. While yes, for URLs you can go into the "Insert" ->...