Windows 10: Patch Tuesday

Discus and support Patch Tuesday in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I update an old win7 system to win10 (1903) a few months ago -- all was working find (a bit slow --- old hardware) until August's (2019) patch day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fpefpe, Sep 14, 2019.

1. fpefpe Win User

Patch Tuesday

I update an old win7 system to win10 (1903) a few months ago -- all was working find (a bit slow --- old hardware) until August's (2019) patch day --- I think there were 2 update --- one failed -- KB4512508 -- and when the OS reboot -- it was a nightmare

I noticed on the reboot there was a restart and some sort of system repair -- BSOD all over the place. One suggestion I got was to refresh windows update and try to install KB4512808 manually, but after the windows update refresh entire update history was wiped out so I don't know the other update that was install that could be causing all the issues.

after repeated BSOD every time powered up the machine it was time to do a system restore to the Monday before patch day. Once that completed, I use update setting to delay updates for 35 days (it win10/32/pro os)

So now I been running fine since the restore and no updates. So now I have about a week before the "delay" runs out ---

Is there any way to find out if any of the August updates were updated and are now part of the September update?

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated - Thanks

:)

fpefpe, Sep 14, 2019

2. Does Patch Tuesday still exist

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Which Tuesdays patch you are referring to?
    • Which patch you are referring to? Is it for Windows or phone?
    I suggest you to refer to the Windows blog for the latest news and check if it helps.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 14, 2019
  3. When is November's Patch Tuesday please? Win10 (I'm confused by an overnight Flash Update KB4051613)

Yes, it is true that Flash update was not released on last month Patch Tuesday, it was shipped later(which is possible because MS promises cumulative updates only on Patch Tuesday)

This month's patch Tuesday would be on as usual 2nd Tuesday of the month which is 14th Nov 2017.

I am expecting a long list of fixes with it.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Davidk03 Win User

Patch Tuesday

Windows Update - patch tuesday becomes generally patch gradually?

Once, the 2nd tuesday of the month was windows 'patch tuesday'.

But since windows 10 was released, MS made it clear that updates for that OS would be released gradually, from the 2nd tuesday onwards. The deployment of win10 used the update servers, and the moans and screams about the impact on every other update were
    deafening: for that year, a typical 30 minute update for win 7 took about 3 hours, sometimes more. So after the free period elapsed, gradual patching of win 10 seemed a reasonable approach to de-congesting the update servers, since every update I have seen
    seems to be a complete new release, not just 'patches'.

It seems that this gradualism approach is being applied to updates for windows 7 now. For the last few months, updates for 64bit windows 7 were available on patch tuesday, but the same updates for 32bit windows 7 were not released for at least 4 days after
    that (I made a specific check on that date, no updates available, but several days later, there's 300Mb of them waiting). Thus, patch tuesday is becoming de-facto patch gradually

So the question is: is this gradual update of all OS now a distinct policy by MS? Happening several times in a row does suggest that. As one popular TV drama has it, "there's no such thing as coincidence". And knowing this one can adjust the admin cycle
    on affected Pc's.

Davidk03, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Patch Tuesday

1. Patch Tuesday - Similar Threads - Patch Tuesday

2. Missed Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missed Patch Tuesday: Hello, Have a question about Patch Tuesday, i can't get general answer about it and need advice. So in company for some reason was missed two month Patch Tuesday on endpoints, now need to renew it. Question is: does January Patch Tuesday contains missed month security...
  3. Missed Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missed Patch Tuesday: Hello, Have a question about Patch Tuesday, i can't get general answer about it and need advice. So in company for some reason was missed two month Patch Tuesday on endpoints, now need to renew it. Question is: does January Patch Tuesday contains missed month security...
  4. Missed Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. It's Patch Tuesday And Windows 11 23H2 Cumulative Update KB5032190 Is Now Available!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's Patch Tuesday And Windows 11 23H2 Cumulative Update KB5032190 Is Now Available!: This Cumulative Update KB5032190 will bring your Windows 11 23H2 to Build OS 22631.2715 Please read entire post for information on this update....
  6. It's Patch Tuesday And Windows 11 23H2 Cumulative Update KB5032190 Is Now Available!

It's Patch Tuesday And Windows 11 23H2 Cumulative Update KB5032190 Is Now Available!: This Cumulative Update KB5032190 will bring your Windows 11 23H2 to Build OS 22631.2715 Please read entire post for information on this update....
  7. 2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing

2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing: Both of these computers are running Windows 10 22H2, and received the latest updates during 2023 October patch Tuesday.I have some encrypted folders I share from one computer to the other. They both use the same EFS certificate. Everything was working fine until the latest...
  8. 2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing: Both of these computers are running Windows 10 22H2, and received the latest updates during 2023 October patch Tuesday.I have some encrypted folders I share from one computer to the other. They both use the same EFS certificate. Everything was working fine until the latest...
  9. 2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Microsoft's Patch Tuesday August update fixes 74 flaws

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Patch Tuesday August update fixes 74 flaws: Microsoft has patched 74 flaws in its software as part of the company's Patch Tuesday upgrades for August 2023. Last month's update included 132 vulnerabilities, which seems like progress. On August Patch Tuesday, Microsoft published 74 new CVEs, six of which were classified...