Windows 10: Path Copy problem

Discus and support Path Copy problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any users of the handy tool Path Copy around? In Win 10 File Explorer if I right click the file C:\Users\terry\Dropbox\CD-DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Terrypin Win User

Path Copy problem

Any users of the handy tool Path Copy around?

In Win 10 File Explorer if I right click the file
    C:\Users\terry\Dropbox\CD-DVD Inserts\Basics\1500x1180Quartered-2.pspimage
    and use Path Copy > Internet Path, it delivers
    file://terry-2016/Users/terry/Dropbox/CD-DVD%20Inserts/Basics
    which correctly opens that file on right clicking from my text editor.

Note that it has converted the Space character to %20. From this table
    Ascii Table - ASCII character codes and html, octal, hex and decimal chart conversion
    I see '20' is the ASCII hex equivalent.

But if the file or folder contains a plus sign like this example
    C:\Users\terry\Dropbox\Excel+VBA (Sundry)\CommonDataTypes.jpg
    then Path Copy > Internet Path makes no similar conversion, but delivers
    file://terry-2016/Users/terry/Dropbox/Excel+VBA%20(Sundry)/CommonDataTypes.jpg
    which fails to open.

So I replaced the '+' in that link with '%2B' giving
    file://terry-2016/Users/terry/Dropbox/Excel%2BVBA%20(Sundry)/CommonDataTypes.jpg

Yet that too fails to open.

Can anyone suggest a simple fix please?

(I appreciate that it was unwise of me a decade or three ago to include plus signs in naming files/folders , although File Explorer has nevertheless always cheerfully opened them.)

:)

Terrypin, Feb 11, 2020

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Path Copy problem

Problem with Path Application

my Path application on Microsoft Lumia 535 doesn't working, friends that tag me on their post not coming to my notification. so as suggestion i uninstall my Path and then install again. but when i searching on Windows Store there is no Path Application on
    list. i'm checking my Phone Update and it was already updated.

so anyone can help me? maybe there is any same case like me?

tx

ClaraHertanto_18, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Path Copy problem

1. Path Copy problem - Similar Threads - Path Copy problem

2. PDF Files corrupted after a long path copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Files corrupted after a long path copy: Hi Guys, I am having a problem with my .pdf files and when I copy them in a long path then they turn into corrupted files ! Well I wanna put everything in order in my computer and well it needs a lot of foldering but when I copy a pdf file which requires long path copying,...
  3. NirCmd: Copy Path vs. Copy File Name

NirCmd: Copy Path vs. Copy File Name: Merging the following code in the Registry adds a "Copy File Path" context-menu in File Explorer and it works properly. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\CopyFilePath] @="Copy File Path" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\CopyFilePath\command]...
  4. "Copy as Path" hotkey?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Copy as Path" hotkey?: I use Copy as Path command a LOT. I would be so much more productive if I didn't have to hold the SHIFT key, right-click on the file I need the address, and hunt down the "Copy as Path" option in the context menu before switching windows to paste. I've searched everywhere......
  5. Copying Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying Problem: While copying rather transferring files from one Hard Disk to another - larger one, I faced a peculiar problem. Old disk probably had a few corrupted files and copying was aborted for the files with "Invalid MsDOS function... try again skip" etc. That's OK, and is natural....
  6. copy problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    copy problem: I have a Brother MFC-9130CW printer and it won't copy properly. the ink is very, very light. We have replaced the ink cartridges, but it still won't copy. We can print from our computer, but not do a copy. any suggestions?...
  7. Problem with path to One Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with path to One Drive: This is the path to my One Drive. I am having a problem using that pat with a batch file and I am sure the issue is with the space between Mike and Edwards. I have no idea where to go to fix the issue. C:\Users\Mike Edwards\OneDrive\Eagles\Distribution\MasterFile...
  8. How to copy complete path/filename to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to copy complete path/filename to clipboard?: In explorer if i navigate to a file and press F2 / copy that will only copy the filename "da.txt" to clipboard... i want this: "c:\files\blah\dee\da.txt" I see it's in the file Properties/Security/Object Name... it can be selected and copied. Is there a faster way? Thanks!...
  9. Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 Copy path or Copy as path will copy the full path of selected items (files and folders) wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard so you can paste the full path(s) of the item(s)...
  10. Flaw in 'Path Copy'

Flaw in 'Path Copy': I use Path Copy in the File Explorer context menu. If anyone else here does so too I'd appreciate your checking out an apparent flaw please. Here's an illustration: [img] The folder C:\Users\terry\Maps\Google Maps can be opened with this Internet Path link...