Windows 10: Path Entries with BAT or REG

Discus and support Path Entries with BAT or REG in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys i have a question about path entries, i added this 5 path items in the rectangle by hand [img] is there a command line parameter that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Feuer, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Feuer Win User

Path Entries with BAT or REG

Hey guys
    i have a question about path entries,
    i added this 5 path items in the rectangle by hand

Path Entries with BAT or REG [​IMG]

is there a command line parameter that will add them with one command ?
    and
    is there a way to do it with a reg file?

thanks

:)

Feuer, Sep 20, 2020
  2. omidsolo Win User

.REG vs .BAT

Howdy,
    Strange behavior!
    I set the following 2 registry keys via both .reg and .bat file in Windows 10 to control System Protection.
    I don't care if they work or not and if this is the key to work on or not.
    .bat file works but .reg file not!
    Spent sometime and just confused, anyone have a clue?

=====
    .bat file
    =====
    'Turn off System Protection
    REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore" /v RPSessionInterval /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    'Set 1%
    REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore\cfg" /v DiskPercent /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

=====
    .reg file
    =====
    'Turn off System Protection
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore]
    RPSessionInterval=dword:00000000
    'Set 1%
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore\cfg]
    DiskPercent=dword:00000001

Why .reg file is not working as I must use the .reg file?
    Thanks.

omidsolo, Sep 20, 2020
  3. omidsolo Win User
    Reg to Bat

*Eek double click to install ???!!!
    Did you even read my question? *Sad
    I just want to know if my reg to bat was error free?

omidsolo, Sep 20, 2020
  4. omidsolo Win User

Reg to Bat

Hi everyone,
    I'm so sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask, but didn't found one for registry related questions.
    I have a small .reg file and I have converted it to .bat using a tool and am not sure if it's converted correctly and bug free!
    Is there anyone expert in this thing wish to help me and notify me of any mistakes/problems in the conversion, if any?
    Thanks a lot, it's vital to me Path Entries with BAT or REG :)

Setup.reg
    Setup2.bat

omidsolo, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Path Entries with BAT or REG - Similar Threads - Path Entries BAT

2. Bat script to select a folder and update the path in a bat file

in Windows 10 Support
    Bat script to select a folder and update the path in a bat file: How do I combine this scripts? i want the highlighted folder path to been passed in to the script that's been generated (rensa_datafiler.bat) Its begins with you select a folder: @Echo off Title Folder Selection echo( Select folder . . . call:FolderSelection "%SourcePath%",...
  3. How to define relative path in .reg file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to define relative path in .reg file?: Hello. so I am working on a game and I also use a third party launcher. Apparently this launcher has an issue with disabling the play button if a registry entry doesn't have an ending slash. e.g. C:\Program Files x86\Genesis\ vs C:\Program Files x86\Genesis I've brought...
  4. Double-clicking .bat, .vbs, .reg do NOT work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking .bat, .vbs, .reg do NOT work.: This morning double-clicking .bat, .vbs, .reg etc do NOT work, although double-clicking all programs [ .exe and shortcuts ] do. I thought I would see if there is a quick fix for this. I have reset the default permissions etc etc. I don't want to spend too much time on this as...
  5. Anyone have a reg floating around to add a PATH?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone have a reg floating around to add a PATH?: ive just now realized how useful this (adding something in my environment variables) is and was hoping a means existed to get it into the context menu as opposed to having to go into system>advanced>environment variables and do it manually every time. I guess it would just...
  6. Path of "Personalization data", "Input Indicator" and "Location" Reg

in Windows 10 Customization
    Path of "Personalization data", "Input Indicator" and "Location" Reg: Hi guys, This is my first post and I would like to know where is the path and name of the registry keys for the following "System Icons" and "Languange Bar" property: -Input Indicator (System Icon) -Location (System Icon) -Personalization data (Language Bar) Thanks in...
  7. Location of the "Edit" context menu entry for .reg files

in Windows 10 Support
    Location of the "Edit" context menu entry for .reg files: So when I edit .reg files, I prefer to edit them with VS Code instead of notepad by default. I notice that .reg files have an "edit" context menu entry that appears when you right click on them, but this context menu entry opens up notepad by default. It tried adding the...
  8. .REG vs .BAT

in Windows 10 Support
    .REG vs .BAT: Howdy, Strange behavior! I set the following 2 registry keys via both .reg and .bat file in Windows 10 to control System Protection. I don't care if they work or not and if this is the key to work on or not. .bat file works but .reg file not! Spent sometime and just...
  9. File association problem with .reg and .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    File association problem with .reg and .bat files: Asus laptop with WINDOWS 10 When double clicking a .reg file the default action is merge by running the regedit.exe. On the right-click content menu I have Merge (in bold), edit and print, select edit opens the notepad for editing. In order to prevent from merging the .reg...
  10. Reg to Bat

in Windows 10 Support
    Reg to Bat: Hi everyone, I'm so sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask, but didn't found one for registry related questions. I have a small .reg file and I have converted it to .bat using a tool and am not sure if it's converted correctly and bug free! Is there anyone expert in...