Windows 10: Path seems weird or corrupted (or something)

Discus and support Path seems weird or corrupted (or something) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the CLI, typing echo %path% >path.txt gets me a 3,709 long character file. In the file, about 3/4 down the path is repeated:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Path seems weird or corrupted (or something)

In the CLI, typing echo %path% >path.txt gets me a 3,709 long character file. In the file, about 3/4 down the path is repeated: PATH=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows; (literally) and it goes on. If I delete everything fro "Path=, etc. the path is 2,709 long.

Now, if I go to Control Panel->System->Advanced Settings and edit the path, I get an editor like dialog box in which some (but far from all) paths are each on their own line. 22 of them. But many are not there. Is there another way to edit the path? I think with many versions of Sql Server and VS, each with their own path settings, the path gets way too large.

:)

RonNewYork, Sep 2, 2016
  2. Xav!or Win User

WP7 with Exchange 2003 issues - 8500201F

I had it set to 1 month at first. Then I set it to 7 days. Neither made a difference. The inbox(root) had too many items in it.

As for this "Delivery Status Notification" message, I never found that message. I was reading through blogs and forums and I was starting so see posts about inbox size and remembered that blackberry had the same issue back in the day. You couldn't have too
    large of an inbox or it wouldn't properly sync.

After thinning out my inbox, a few minutes later I picked up my phone and it had automatically synced successfully on its own. The phone had never synced successfully since I set it up in the beginning.

Edit: PS: I didn't delete a single message from my inbox, just moved them to sub-folders.

Xav!or, Sep 2, 2016
  3. CEC OR Win User
    Windows 10 Speech Recognition Show Numbers Issue

Thanks for the quick response. I'm using the Outlook Office application.

CEC OR, Sep 2, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Path seems weird or corrupted (or something)

I checked mine and the duplicates are all %systemroot%\ (the ones in red below) instead of C:\Windows\ so I end up with

Code: C:\Windows; C:\Windows\System32\Wbem; C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\; C:\Program Files\ooRexx; D:\X2; D:\X2\Macros; d:\tools; d:\unixtools; c:\rexxprogs; C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common; C:\WINDOWS\system32; C:\WINDOWS; C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem; C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\; C:\Users\rrkurtz\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;[/quote]

Ztruker, Sep 2, 2016
  5. The same for me, but how do I edit the path now? Only 22 appear in that dialog box. And why when I %echo% path>path.txt I get the text "Path C:\etc." in the middle of the file. That seems like something is corrupted. My path has 62 entries yet only 22 show up in that editor.

RonNewYork, Sep 2, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    When you do the echo %path%, the variables in the defined path are substituted before display so you don't see any %systemroot% entries. I deleted the duplicates yesterday via Control Panel->System->Advanced Settings and edit and they did not come back today when I booted my PC.

Code: C:\Windows\system32; C:\Windows; C:\Windows\System32\Wbem; C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\; C:\Program Files\ooRexx; D:\X2; D:\X2\Macros; d:\tools; d:\unixtools; c:\rexxprogs; C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common; C:\Users\rrkurtz\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;[/quote]

Ztruker, Sep 3, 2016
  7. [/quote]
    In my edit window, there are just 22 entries and many entries seem to be missing. For instance Skype and GNU, both on the path (from C:\path >path.txt, for instance), along with MySql, Perl, and many other applications. Why are they not in this edit window? Most of what's in the path variable are not in this window, so...confused, still.

RonNewYork, Sep 4, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Check path under User variables?

Ztruker, Sep 6, 2016
  9. If you attach the output from echo %path% I'll take a look at it.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Path seems weird or corrupted (or something) - Similar Threads - Path seems weird

2. Something weird going on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something weird going on: HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xtWin 10About 2 years old.Been having some issues with the pc acting strange. I ran the HP assistant scans and everything came back clean and in order. I ran a Win 10 diagnostic, and everything came back in correct running order.All of the drives...
  3. Something weird going on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something weird going on: HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xtWin 10About 2 years old.Been having some issues with the pc acting strange. I ran the HP assistant scans and everything came back clean and in order. I ran a Win 10 diagnostic, and everything came back in correct running order.All of the drives...
  4. My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines: this is not the only app this happens too, does anyone have an EASY fix? mainly with microsoft store downloaded items but not only them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-seems-to-be-corrupted-or-something-along/87dc3c47-be8f-44ae-85a3-e375a55c631c
  5. My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines

My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines: this is not the only app this happens too, does anyone have an EASY fix? mainly with microsoft store downloaded items but not only them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-seems-to-be-corrupted-or-something-along/87dc3c47-be8f-44ae-85a3-e375a55c631c
  6. Seemingly Duplicate PATH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seemingly Duplicate PATH: I needed to add a new path into the system variable, but I cannot since it says path exceeds 1049 or something along the lines. So, I looked at it and found some paths that seemed to be duplicate but I am hesitant to delete it since it is related to the system. I am wondering...
  7. Seemingly Duplicate PATH

Seemingly Duplicate PATH: I needed to add a new path into the system variable, but I cannot since it says path exceeds 1049 or something along the lines. So, I looked at it and found some paths that seemed to be duplicate but I am hesitant to delete it since it is related to the system. I am wondering...
  8. there is something weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is something weird: why does .tpm.uploud or tpm.dowload appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-something-weird/e9f81507-3a23-4f5f-a0e6-bcb32d2d37f0
  9. Display settings seem corrupt or something?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings seem corrupt or something?: Hey everyone,I really can't work out what's wrong with my computer. I just got it back after it was repaired trackpad was replaced but now the display settings are messed up. I can't type into the start menu, I can't change my background because "Your background is currently...
  10. Something weird with windows???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something weird with windows???: look at the picutre submitted by /u/Bartkar2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ebyfxj/something_weird_with_windows/