Windows 10: Path to my data files has changed since Recovery

Discus and support Path to my data files has changed since Recovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The following is happening since I had a power failure and I recovered the system. In File Explorer, under This PC, when I click on a file in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonA_W7, Feb 5, 2021.

1. DonA_W7 Win User

Path to my data files has changed since Recovery

The following is happening since I had a power failure and I recovered the system. In File Explorer, under This PC, when I click on a file in the Documents folder the path name at the top of the window changes to include OneDrive. So all my files Documents go directly to OneDrive and not to my local disk. It's as though OneDrive is my local disk. I prefer to work with my local disk and later copy or backup to OneDrive. Is there a setting to prevent this from happening? This does not happen with, for example, the Downloads folder. When I did the Recovery operation I checked the OneDrive Backup box.

Thank you

:)

DonA_W7, Feb 5, 2021
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Feb 5, 2021
  3. hdjx Win User
    Need data recovery help

EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard

Hello,
    I suggest you use EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover files.

Download demo version: EaseUS® Download Center - Free Download Data Recovery Software, Todo Backup Software, Partition Manager

You can use "AdvancedRecovery" to scan your corrupted drive. After the scan is complete, the lost file will be displayed in Data Recovery Wizard, you can select them and recover them.
    NOTICE: never install in on the harddisk you want to recover.

hdjx, Feb 5, 2021
  4. slim142 Win User

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Path to my data files has changed since Recovery - Similar Threads - Path data files

2. Due to some malware my startup path has been changed to TEMP folder path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Due to some malware my startup path has been changed to TEMP folder path: When I start or restart my windows, it opens every file or folder inside my TEMP folder. When I tried shell:startup in Run it is opening TEMP folder. Also, I have tried sfc /scannow but there are no errors, everything is fine.Output: [Windows Resource Protection did not find...
  3. Due to some malware my startup path has been changed to TEMP folder path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Due to some malware my startup path has been changed to TEMP folder path: When I start or restart my windows, it opens every file or folder inside my TEMP folder. When I tried shell:startup in Run it is opening TEMP folder. Also, I have tried sfc /scannow but there are no errors, everything is fine.Output: [Windows Resource Protection did not find...
  4. Has anyone tried AnyTech365 for their data recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone tried AnyTech365 for their data recovery?: I’m a freelancer working from home since the pandemic, and I think I just deleted a bunch of files that I meant to archive. When I worked full time, we had an IT guy who could fix anything. I’m looking for that same kind of service, someone who can dive into my computer or...
  5. Has anyone tried AnyTech365 for their data recovery?

Has anyone tried AnyTech365 for their data recovery?: I’m a freelancer working from home since the pandemic, and I think I just deleted a bunch of files that I meant to archive. When I worked full time, we had an IT guy who could fix anything. I’m looking for that same kind of service, someone who can dive into my computer or...
  6. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve file path changes into a CSV: Hey everyone,I'm looking to do a large scale change in file structure but need a way to track changes in file paths.Ideally I'd need to be able to produce a machine readable list with the 'before' and 'after' file path names that can be used as input to a python script.I've...
  7. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

Retrieve file path changes into a CSV: Hey everyone,I'm looking to do a large scale change in file structure but need a way to track changes in file paths.Ideally I'd need to be able to produce a machine readable list with the 'before' and 'after' file path names that can be used as input to a python script.I've...
  8. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. HELP: file path to "my documents" on MY COMPUTER! has changed to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP: file path to "my documents" on MY COMPUTER! has changed to...: hi, I've been having many problems with saving documents from MS Office to my pc. Because I wanted to be sure that I had the documents safely on my PC, I've been saving them very consciously to "This computer->documents->etc." But somehow, the saved documents were always...
  10. Outlook 2016 Unusual data file path...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Unusual data file path...: I use Outlook 2016 as part of Office 365...I have 2 accounts configured within it. One is a Microsoft Exchange account connected to outlook.com and I use this only for 'Contacts' and 'Calendar'. The other is a pop3 mail account, used for email only. I recently...