Windows 10: Path variable as shown thru Command Line "Set" command does not match What is shown in...

Discus and support Path variable as shown thru Command Line "Set" command does not match What is shown in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home x_64. Over the years I must have either deleted a few programs improperly or the uninstall programs didn't complete as expected. Either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeanPowell1, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Path variable as shown thru Command Line "Set" command does not match What is shown in...

Windows 10 Home x_64. Over the years I must have either deleted a few programs improperly or the uninstall programs didn't complete as expected. Either way my %PATH% environment variable needs a clean-up. When I open a command prompt and type "set", then scroll through the results of the PATH variable, it shows more entries than are shown when I bring up the Environment Variables gui through System.

I am trying to remove some of the paths that show up through the "set" command, but they are not displayed when I run System/Advanced/Environment Variables through the GUI.

Where does a command prompt read the %PATH% variable from and how can I edit it?

Thanks in advance.

:)

DeanPowell1, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Path variable as shown thru Command Line "Set" command does not match What is shown in... :)

Naki, Mar 5, 2019
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Path variable as shown thru Command Line "Set" command does not match What is shown in...

Environmental Variable in Command Line

How do I set an environmental variable for java? Whenever I type this in, it says that 'java' is not recognized. (commmand line)

C:\Users\natha\Desktop\EncoderD> java -jar encoder.jar -i source.txt

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

NathanPark, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Path variable as shown thru Command Line "Set" command does not match What is shown in...

1. Path variable as shown thru Command Line "Set" command does not match What is shown in... - Similar Threads - Path variable shown

2. Path from command prompt is different from Path in Environment Variables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Path from command prompt is different from Path in Environment Variables: In Command Prompt, path command generates the following I add new-line to make more readable:ATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_192;C:\Python38\Scripts\;C:\Python38\;C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft...
  3. Path from command prompt is different from Path in Environment Variables

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Path from command prompt is different from Path in Environment Variables: In Command Prompt, path command generates the following I add new-line to make more readable:ATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_192;C:\Python38\Scripts\;C:\Python38\;C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft...
  4. This command always shown how i want to fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This command always shown how i want to fix this: I tried all the fix like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogonand type C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,it still didnt fix i also type and past it on system32"Wscript.quit" but i still cannot solve this problemcan anyone help me...
  5. This command always shown how i want to fix this

in Windows 10 Customization
    This command always shown how i want to fix this: I tried all the fix like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogonand type C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,it still didnt fix i also type and past it on system32"Wscript.quit" but i still cannot solve this problemcan anyone help me...
  6. Command line commands

Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  7. Folder cant access and not shown afer command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder cant access and not shown afer command: One of my personal folder was not accessing and after chkdsk command the folder is not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-cant-access-and-not-shown-afer-command/320ce3c4-69e8-43bf-8d6f-be43d925cf7d
  8. Command Line command question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line command question: I created a folder on my computer with a ampersand, name & name2 Recently I needed to access this folder but the ampersand prevented me from accessing using the 'cd' from the root c:\ Would someone be so kind to provide me with the syntax I need? I realize now I should...
  9. Set command shows different Path in command prompt than the Environmental Variables GUI

Set command shows different Path in command prompt than the Environmental Variables GUI: Windows 10 Home x_64. Over the years I must have either deleted a few programs improperly or the uninstall programs didn't complete as expected. Either way my %PATH% environment variable needs a clean-up. When I open a command prompt and type "set", then scroll through the...
  10. Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored: In a batch file using the start command [/D Path] option is ignored example: D:\TempJDK>START "Work Damn It" /b /d ".\temp" /MIN /HIGH testRun.bat The system cannot find the file testRun.bat. Here "temp" is a sub folder of the current directory. The /d ".\temp" option is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. %path% how do i get the commmand to work