Windows 10: Pause downloading error.

Discus and support Pause downloading error. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I started downloading an app on the latest version of Microsoft Store, after a while I wanted it stop the download but there are no pause buttons or... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Brennan _Vand, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Pause downloading error.

I started downloading an app on the latest version of Microsoft Store, after a while I wanted it stop the download but there are no pause buttons or cancel buttons on the download, i cannot stop it !!

:)

Brennan _Vand, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Downloads pause if window is minimized

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Normally, the download should not pause when the window is minimized. However problems might occur due to an app error or incorrect settings.

You may try the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter for Store apps and see if it works.

Go to Settings->Update & Security->Troubleshoot->Windows Store Apps->Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter is unable to find and fix the issue, you may try resetting the app. Please follow the steps given below to reset the Movies and TV app.

• Open the Settings app by pressing the
      Windows
      key and the I key together.
    • Go to Apps->Apps & features->Movies & TV->Advanced options –Reset.
    • Follow the onscreen prompts to reset complete the reset operation.

If resetting the app doesn’t work, you may try the troubleshooting steps given in the article below.

Help with Movies & TV app problems on Windows 10

Feel free to write back if you have any questions or if the issue persists after performing the above steps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 24, 2021
  3. When I select an app to download it appears to start the download process but then moves to Pause status and provide error code 0x80240437.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting an error code “0x80240437” while downloading apps from Windows Store. This issue might occur due to Windows Store cache or
    Windows Updates. I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

First, Let us reset the Windows Store cache and check.

Method 1: Reset the Windows Store cache.

Follow the steps to reset the Windows Store cache

• Press Windows Key + R key.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter Key.
    Your Windows Store cache will be reset. Check if the is resolved.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow method 2 and check.

Method 2:

Let’s stop the Windows update services first, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows logo key + R key together top open “Run”.
    • Type, “services.msc” (without the quotations) and press “Enter”.
    • Scroll down to the “Windows Update service” and “Background Intelligent Transfer service “and Right Click and select “Stop” for both of them.
    • Now, navigate to the path-
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\

• Delete all the contents of the folder.
    • Now, follow the steps from a. and then b. Select “Start” for both the services.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Pause downloading error.

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Pause downloading error.

1. Pause downloading error. - Similar Threads - Pause downloading error

2. Downloads will pause due to "No internet" or "Network Error"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads will pause due to "No internet" or "Network Error": Whenever I download something no matter what it is whether its a file on my browser or its an application running its installer they will just pause out of nowhere and will wait until I disconnect and reconnect my internet from my computer. I tried to download a file from the...
  3. Downloads will pause due to "No internet" or "Network Error"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads will pause due to "No internet" or "Network Error": Whenever I download something no matter what it is whether its a file on my browser or its an application running its installer they will just pause out of nowhere and will wait until I disconnect and reconnect my internet from my computer. I tried to download a file from the...
  4. Downloads will pause due to "No internet" or "Network Error"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Pause downloading error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pause downloading error.: I started downloading an app on the latest version of Microsoft Store, after a while I wanted it stop the download but there are no pause buttons or cancel buttons on the download, i cannot stop it !!...
  6. Pause downloading error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pause downloading error.: I started downloading an app on the latest version of Microsoft Store, after a while I wanted it stop the download but there are no pause buttons or cancel buttons on the download, i cannot stop it !!...
  7. Downloads are paused for now reason

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads are paused for now reason: I have been trying to install some programs but it keeps saying that another download is in progress. It has been like this for 1 week and I don't know how to fix it. https://gyazo.com/02fccc3e03ff5c34fb6efbf046d32b86 screenshot...
  8. how to cancel download "Pause" button

how to cancel download "Pause" button: I pushed the Pause Downloads Button and I should not have done it. How do I get back to automatic downloads on Windows updates? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-download-pause-button/fc122a66-82af-4a7e-a6d0-9c7011695f26
  9. Microsoft Store randomly pausing download and says "Error"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store randomly pausing download and says "Error": So basically I'm trying to download Sea Of Thieves on PC and it's been around 3 hours since I started and only 14 GB has downloaded, why? You may ask. Well, it just randomly pauses the download and says "Error" literally nothing else, no error message, just "Error". ("Błąd"...
  10. About pause downloading updates.

About pause downloading updates.: Can I pause the downloading windows 10 may 2019 update????? I didn't have enough data plan today to download. But I started download using windows update.... Can I pause downloading and continue it tomorrow?????...