Windows 10: Pause Updates Greyed Out

Discus and support Pause Updates Greyed Out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way to permanently disable updates? My computer is vital to my job. The last couple of months of updates have consistently taken my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinKimzey, Sep 8, 2018.

1. MartinKimzey Win User

Pause Updates Greyed Out

Is there any way to permanently disable updates? My computer is vital to my job. The last couple of months of updates have consistently taken my computer down for weeks at a time. Microsoft updates have been catastrophic. If I could completely disable updates, I would be very happy.

:)

MartinKimzey, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Anthony Gal Win User

Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Sep 8, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Pause Updates Greyed Out :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Sumit Dhiman2 Win User

Pause Updates Greyed Out

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Pause Updates Greyed Out

1. Pause Updates Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Pause Updates Greyed

2. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Check for Updates" option is greyed out: Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out . In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings to stop windows update but now I want to update windows and forgot which settings I've changed. Is there anyway to roll back...
  3. Rotation Lock greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation Lock greyed out: if you have this issue first put your screen in tent mode or tablet mode and see if you then can adjust that setting before doing a lot of research like I did....
  4. Power Icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Icon greyed out: Im running windows 10 home - version 1803 (updated earlier this month) and cant seem to get the power icon displaying so I can check my battery status. Ive gone to Settings, Personalization but the only icon that is greyed out is the one I want - why is it greyed out?...
  5. System Protection greyed out

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection greyed out: [img] I tried > Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\>reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore" /v "DisableSR" /f ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or...
  6. Password selection greyed out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password selection greyed out: Everytime for the last day that I have turned on my netbook (Toshiba kirabook) the password box would be greyed out, not letting me click on it and type in my password. The shut down and switch user buttons are also greyed out as well. I've had windows 10 downloaded now for a...
  7. Pausing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pausing updates: First the question, then the background. I'm on Windows 10, build 1703, kb15063.786. I turned on the Pause update option. What exactly will this stop? Namely, will this prevent build 1709 from downloading and updating, and for how long? The background: I was on...
  8. A Windows Update Advanced Option is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A Windows Update Advanced Option is Greyed Out: The option "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" is off and greyed out since I did the Anniversary update. Does anyone know how I can fix this? [img] 59049
  9. Store auto update button greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store auto update button greyed out: Just updated laptop to windows 10 home. Store auto update button greyed out--says contact administrator. There is no other account on this machine except one admin account, and the sign on is with a Microsoft account. Seems to be no way to add any other admin account or sign...
  10. Text is Greyed/Washed Out

in Windows 10 Support
    Text is Greyed/Washed Out: I have poor eyesight and have setup high contrast to see things better in windows 10. Also set the font to 10 point bold and tried the 125% setting. In windows 7 I did not have this issue, I used the classic theme, and just set the fonts all bold, no problem. I think I...