Windows 10: Pause Updates Greyed Out

Discus and support Pause Updates Greyed Out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way to permanently disable updates? My computer is vital to my job. The last couple of months of updates have consistently taken my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinKimzey, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Pause Updates Greyed Out

Is there any way to permanently disable updates? My computer is vital to my job. The last couple of months of updates have consistently taken my computer down for weeks at a time. Microsoft updates have been catastrophic. If I could completely disable updates, I would be very happy.

:)

MartinKimzey, Sep 8, 2018

2. Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Sep 8, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Pause Updates Greyed Out :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Pause Updates Greyed Out

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Pause Updates Greyed Out

1. Pause Updates Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Pause Updates Greyed

2. WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT: We're pushed windows patchs via WSUS services but we facing the INSTALL option is disabled on windows update page.we restarted the windows update services and rename the software distribution folder but still facing the same issuePlease find below snap and share the solution...
  3. WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT: We're pushed windows patchs via WSUS services but we facing the INSTALL option is disabled on windows update page.we restarted the windows update services and rename the software distribution folder but still facing the same issuePlease find below snap and share the solution...
  4. WIndows Update greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows Update greyed out: Hi, the windows update button on my computer is greyed out and when I click it, nothing happens. The page just keeps on loading and no content is ever shown. The laptop hasn't been updated in a while....
  5. Windows Update Service greyed out

Windows Update Service greyed out: I want to do a reinstall of Windows 10 on my PC, but the reinstalling field gives me an error. I have narrowed it down to the update service being disabled, but I cant do anything to it as all options are greyed out. Im the only account on my pc, and have tried every fix I...
  6. Update history greyed out, HELP!

Update history greyed out, HELP!: Why my update driver list in windows update history greyed out? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-greyed-out-help/62416167-ef7f-4eb7-be64-db4daa9d044a
  7. Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The only way to enable Windows Sandbox feature is from the Turn Windows features on and off utility. There are various components in the background that support the functioning of this Windows Sandbox feature. It will work directly on the basis of [...] This...
  8. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  9. Windows Quality Update Greyed Out

Windows Quality Update Greyed Out: I have been able to successfully get automatic updates for Windows 10. I am currently using Version 1903. My system just did a Quality Update for KB4501375. When I looked at the Update History, that particular line item showed it was successfully updated today...
  10. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out

"Check for Updates" option is greyed out: Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out . In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings to stop windows update but now I want to update windows and forgot which settings I've changed. Is there anyway to roll back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pause updates greyed out

2. pause update greyed out

3. win 10 pause updates grayed out

4. pause updates greyed out,
  5. pause update is greyed out,
  6. windows pause updates is greyed out,
  7. Resume update in windows 10 not found or greyed out?,
  8. pause updates windows 10 grayed out,
  9. paused updates option greyed out,
  10. 1903 windows updates pause greyed out,
  11. windows 10 pause updates grayed out,