Windows 10: Pause Updates Not Pausing

Discus and support Pause Updates Not Pausing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bluewind, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Bluewind Win User

Pause Updates Not Pausing

My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request.

Did I do something wrong or is this a bug?

Thank you.

:)

Bluewind, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 10, 2019
  4. wendyg56 Win User

Pause updates

That works when you reach the date you set to pause . I know that. I mean before you reach that date , you can not cancel the pause. You can only set another pause date. If you can cancel the pause , how do you?

wendyg56, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Pause Updates Not Pausing - Similar Threads - Pause Updates Pausing

2. PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!: WINDOWS 11 > SETTINGS > WINDOWS UPDATE > MORE OPTIONS > PAUSE UPDATES "GET THE LATEST UPDATES TO PAUSE AGAIN" Is this button supposed to change when updates are paused, or is that only reflected in the windows heading? I'm seeing the button constantly shows "Pause Updates",...
  3. PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!: WINDOWS 11 > SETTINGS > WINDOWS UPDATE > MORE OPTIONS > PAUSE UPDATES "GET THE LATEST UPDATES TO PAUSE AGAIN" Is this button supposed to change when updates are paused, or is that only reflected in the windows heading? I'm seeing the button constantly shows "Pause Updates",...
  4. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  5. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  6. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. updates are paused

updates are paused: How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-are-paused/fdcf7ea6-aae7-40ab-9522-7b76cf2b506a
  8. Update Pause

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update Pause: How do I cancel or de select and update pause https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-pause/9c8a032f-07d5-4bcb-952f-6a15477088d4
  9. Pause Updates

Pause Updates: In the new update there is a feature to "PAUSE UPDATES" with no option to turn this off. I for one do not need to pause my updates I like to install them as they are released....
  10. Pausing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pausing updates: First the question, then the background. I'm on Windows 10, build 1703, kb15063.786. I turned on the Pause update option. What exactly will this stop? Namely, will this prevent build 1709 from downloading and updating, and for how long? The background: I was on...