Windows 10: Pause Updates Not Pausing

Discus and support Pause Updates Not Pausing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bluewind, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Bluewind Win User

Pause Updates Not Pausing

My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request.

Did I do something wrong or is this a bug?

Thank you.

:)

Bluewind, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 10, 2019
  4. wendyg56 Win User

Pause updates

That works when you reach the date you set to pause . I know that. I mean before you reach that date , you can not cancel the pause. You can only set another pause date. If you can cancel the pause , how do you?

wendyg56, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Pause Updates Not Pausing - Similar Threads - Pause Updates Pausing

2. remome pause updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    remome pause updates?: How do I remove pause updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remome-pause-updates/71de0b1b-0013-4893-b34b-247d99ae327d
  3. windows update pause

windows update pause: How do you turn of the pause setting in windows update. It has been recommended to update windows asap and pause will not let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-pause/3cb449a1-63ea-437a-b2a6-85be8fcfb331
  4. windows updates pause

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows updates pause: how do I come out of pause 7 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-pause/a77404cc-a966-41d5-9c53-042045b992ce
  5. Pausing webbrowsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pausing webbrowsers: Hey, when I watch videos or listen on any browser this thing constantly pops up. If I click anywhere with my mouse it automatically pauses the song/video even when im on another app. Is there a way to remove this? [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Update paused

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update paused: I allowed the most recent update to be installed on my computer at the end of May. Immediately, the computer began freezing a minimum 3 times per day. I worked out how to remove that update and the problem was solved. Unfortunately, I can only pause the update from being...
  7. pausing update for windows

pausing update for windows: HELP STATES TO GO TO SETTINGS CHOSE UPDATE AND SECURITY THEN WINDOWS UPDATE UNDER UPDATE SETTINGS CHOSE ADVANCED OPTIONS THEN TURN ON "PAUSE UPDATES AFTER DOING THE ABOVE THERE IS NO OPTION TO PAUSE UPDATE ??????????????????????????????????????????????????...
  8. Fall Update Paused

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Update Paused: I had problems with the fall update, using Windows Update, where it hung at 30%, with no observable network traffic. So I paused the process under advanced options & installed successfully through Windows Update Assistant. My question is, what happens to the paused update -...
  9. Pausing updates

Pausing updates: First the question, then the background. I'm on Windows 10, build 1703, kb15063.786. I turned on the Pause update option. What exactly will this stop? Namely, will this prevent build 1709 from downloading and updating, and for how long? The background: I was on...
  10. Pause Windows Update

Pause Windows Update: Hello I have a question about windows update: can i resume windows update after the computer was shutdown? if so, what is the procedure? I have build 10130. 7086