Windows 10: Pause Windows Update

Discus and support Pause Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I have a question about windows update: can i resume windows update after the computer was shutdown? if so, what is the procedure? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by talhasiddiqi, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Pause Windows Update

Hello
    I have a question about windows update: can i resume windows update after the computer was shutdown? if so, what is the procedure?

I have build 10130.

:)

talhasiddiqi, Jun 14, 2015
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 14, 2015
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Jun 14, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Pause Windows Update

Just shut it down, it will resume after start up. It has for me.

5. But when i shut down it says that there was a problem installing updates.
    I will try again nonetheless

talhasiddiqi, Jun 15, 2015
  6. davehc Win User
    My own experience is that you have to, once again, check for updates. It will, when found, start from the beginning. But, when it begins to download, it will find the already cached part and go forward to that point, and continue.
    worked like that for me.

davehc, Jun 15, 2015
  7. @davehc
    Ok your method works!.
    Thannks

talhasiddiqi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Pause Windows Update

1. Pause Windows Update - Similar Threads - Pause Update

2. How to pause all updates while doing a back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pause all updates while doing a back up: automatic updates stop my Aconis back up softwareis there a way to pause all updates while I do a back up? I found for example, the "one drive reporting task" I have options for when it runs but no option to stop if from running brave google and edge all ran updatesis there a...
  3. How to pause all updates while doing a back up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pause all updates while doing a back up: automatic updates stop my Aconis back up softwareis there a way to pause all updates while I do a back up? I found for example, the "one drive reporting task" I have options for when it runs but no option to stop if from running brave google and edge all ran updatesis there a...
  4. How to pause all updates while doing a back up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 updates freeze up due to pause feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates freeze up due to pause feature?: Hello. So , I regurarly check for updates on my Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 , security ones included. Once I am done updating Windows , I pause the updates until next day , I also check for security updates throughout the day just in case. It happens that sometimes upon...
  6. Windows 11 updates freeze up due to pause feature?

Windows 11 updates freeze up due to pause feature?: Hello. So , I regurarly check for updates on my Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 , security ones included. Once I am done updating Windows , I pause the updates until next day , I also check for security updates throughout the day just in case. It happens that sometimes upon...
  7. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?: I absolutely HATE Windows 10 and your hijacking of my computer whenever you decide I need updates. I bought a gaming rig to game and despite following every instruction to keep it from running while I'm actually using the computer, so very nice of you to give me a few hour...
  8. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?: I absolutely HATE Windows 10 and your hijacking of my computer whenever you decide I need updates. I bought a gaming rig to game and despite following every instruction to keep it from running while I'm actually using the computer, so very nice of you to give me a few hour...
  9. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 11 update ignoring paused updates, causing data loss on overnight tasks.

Windows 11 update ignoring paused updates, causing data loss on overnight tasks.: Windows 11 is ignoring the Pause Updates feature and installing updates that require restarts, and automatically restarting while the update feature is paused. I pause for 1 week at a time and check for updates manually every Tuesday. To head off the 'you can't postpone...