Windows 10: Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up

Discus and support Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've done all the diagnostic tests for both power battery and adapted both pass, windows version is up to date, I've deleted in device manager the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kleiton Aliaj, May 12, 2024.

1. Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up

I've done all the diagnostic tests for both power battery and adapted both pass, windows version is up to date, I've deleted in device manager the battery firmware and restarted pc, problem didn't solve please help

:)

Kleiton Aliaj, May 12, 2024

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 12, 2024
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 12, 2024
  4. Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, May 12, 2024
Thema:

Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up

1. Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up - Similar Threads - Pavillion 2023 battery

2. Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up: I've done all the diagnostic tests for both power battery and adapted both pass, windows version is up to date, I've deleted in device manager the battery firmware and restarted pc, problem didn't solve please help...
  3. battery not charging, plugged in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    battery not charging, plugged in: battery not charging, plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-plugged-in/88491c52-331c-44b9-b54f-e250c0d5d1e9
  4. battery plugged in but not charging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery plugged in but not charging.: The battery is plugged in but is not charging. Battery power down from 80% to 64%. Why the battery has not been charging? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-plugged-in-but-not-charging/fb632c93-3afc-4fc2-a314-fb557fc2d879
  5. Battery plugged in,not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery plugged in,not charging: Hello,I yesterdday installed an update on my laptop and then when I plugged it in for charging it showed me 'Plugged in,not charging'.It is currently at 2% and turns off the moment I unplug it.I have tried the solution of taking the battery out and uninstalling the battery...
  6. Battery plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  7. Battery plugged in but not charging.

Battery plugged in but not charging.: I have recently noticed that the battery on my Dell Laptop, which runs on Windows 10. (64 bit) is not charging and displays the note "plugged in but not charging. I have read a number of possible easy solutions, none of which seem to work. The adapter and leads etc seem to be...
  8. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: My battery won't charge. Says plugged in not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-plugged-in-not-charging/88e70d57-e863-4a95-8925-9bf98ee0aa69
  9. battery plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery plugged in but not charging: Status on laptop shows battery plugged in but not charging (battery is at 80%). When I disconnect the mains, the laptop shuts down....
  10. Battery stuck at 80% plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery stuck at 80% plugged in but not charging: Not sure why I get this message that my PC isn't charging even though it's plugged in. It doesn't matter if I select best battery life or best performance in the slider. It seems to always stop charging at some point lower than 100%....