Windows 10: Paying for "unlimited tech support" is a very dangerous way to give fraudsters your...

Discus and support Paying for "unlimited tech support" is a very dangerous way to give fraudsters your... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Be very VERY careful of signing up for an online support tech company. I was scammed by "AnyTech" which is also labeled a fraudulent site by Paypal on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marlene Partridge, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Paying for "unlimited tech support" is a very dangerous way to give fraudsters your...

Be very VERY careful of signing up for an online support tech company. I was scammed by "AnyTech" which is also labeled a fraudulent site by Paypal on their website. They have a lot of other names, too.NEVER give them bank account numbers. Credit card numbers give you some control if you report he fraud to your credit card company. I would use Discovercard because they are more willing to reverse fraudulent charges than some other companies. Paypal finally reversed the fraudulent charge when I showed them that "Anytech" was on their own list of fraudulent companies. They sometimes change

:)

Marlene Partridge, Sep 14, 2021
  2. CherylJM Win User

Ways to Pay in Paypal

I was trying to buy the app Maps Pro in the Microsoft Store and was linking my Paypal Account. Why is my actual Paypal Account which has some money in it not listed in "Choose Way to Pay" option. Only my Bank Account and Credit card are listed as ways
    to pay?

CherylJM, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Tech Support Scam

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers use scare tactics to trick you into paying for unnecessary technical support services that supposedly fix contrived device, platform, or software problems.

Scammers may call you directly on your phone and pretend to be representatives of a software company. They can then ask you to install applications that give them remote access to your device.

The link that they provided you was to take remote access to your computer. We understand how important your privacy is and you certainly did a good job of not proceeding with the caller and falling prey to the scam.

Regarding the CLSID, the scammer probably provided you with a generic CLSID that is used by Windows. It could be possible that the scammer asked you to run the CLSID to open Security Center or other Windows functions in order to gain trust.

Microsoft takes its commitments seriously to protect and maintain the privacy of its customers data, and to empower its customers to implement and use its services in a protected manner. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from Microsoft
    and believe it was a scam, you can help us stop these fraudsters by using this form to report all the information regarding your interaction with them.

You can
    Report a technical support scam here

However, let me also provide some useful information which might help you and other users

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Paying for "unlimited tech support" is a very dangerous way to give fraudsters your...

Why does Windows Support have a Support Plan where you have to pay for Tech Support?

I called Windows for help with my computer and they said I am the Gatekeeper and if you want tech support you have to pay 119$ a year for our support plan.

Why?

This is something that is normally free.

I called OneDrive & Office 365 support and there free for tech support so why does Windows support have a yearly fee of 119$?

IntenseJames, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Paying for "unlimited tech support" is a very dangerous way to give fraudsters your...

1. Paying for "unlimited tech support" is a very dangerous way to give fraudsters your... - Similar Threads - Paying unlimited tech

2. tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  3. tech support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  4. tech support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tech support: I have a Lenovo Ieapad S-145...2yr old. The touchpad wont R. click to bring up that menu..Ive trie to upate..unintall/reintall an nothing ha helped...I guess the Q' s are...A...i s it fixable or a work-around avail??...and B...I looke into the properties etc. an it shows 13...
  5. AT&T Introduces 'Unlimited Your Way' Wireless Plans

in Windows 10 News
    AT&T Introduces 'Unlimited Your Way' Wireless Plans: [media] Starting Today, AT&T Customers Can Save More by Picking the Perfect Unlimited Wireless Plan for Each Family Member on Your Account, Starting at Just $35/mo. Per Line for 4 lines AT&T* is giving you and your family more value and savings with our new Unlimited Your...
  6. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tech Support: Hello tech savvy friends, I come to you in a time of great need. Recently during a gaming session on steam, my computer froze up. Afterwards it booted up normal, but I found that one of my hard drives was inaccessible. My F: drive was marked as F:\? with a blue question mark...
  7. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tech Support: Does anyone have a phone # for Tech Support IN the United States ONLY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/058f5907-61d4-4984-81e8-c780d446304d
  8. tech support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tech support: why does my screen locks me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/bfd891fa-3f76-4add-a576-6b3194aa9af2
  9. Tech support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tech support: My PC was not updating and I asked for help . I asked for an Agent to do Quick Access and have a look he said OK. Then asked for my first and last name my email address and phone number. This has never happened before I got suspicious and cut him off . Was I right in doing...
  10. Windows 10 is very very very dangerous

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is very very very dangerous: I always back up my computer, that is not a problem, However, after Windows gets to version 10 it should be able to handle minor tasks. I downloaded 10 from Microsoft and did the upgrade. - Many people do not install form scratch as it is very time consuming and today's...