Windows 10: pc acting strange

Discus and support pc acting strange in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i downloaded and ran a bunch of files that were false positives, they were from a safe and credible source, but after running alot of them i noticed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Creep, May 8, 2021.

1. Creep Win User

pc acting strange

i downloaded and ran a bunch of files that were false positives, they were from a safe and credible source, but after running alot of them i noticed when trying to save copies of files i get How to Fix Oops! We Couldn’t Save That One though i never didi also got you dont have permission to modify files in this network location when i try to save the files to a folder, even though it works i never got that before running theseit also now has a shield beside deleting a file,which it never had, also i need to give

:)

Creep, May 8, 2021
  2. abrogard Win User

Windows Explorer acting strangely..

Thanks for the thought.

Just this morning, right now, I saw it opened on 'quick access' (fortunately not hanging this time) even though I've tried to disable that so I had a sudden thought and went into the view stuff again and sure enough found right at the top a choice of where explorer should open: 'quick access' or 'this pc'.

So I have set it for 'this pc' and maybe that'll be the fix.

pc acting strange [​IMG]

and while I was sticking that screenshot in this post I noticed explorer opened with this date grouping thing again, which I hate and I thought I had removed.... I'll try again...

pc acting strange [​IMG]

wouldn't it be good if we could get up a sort of list, like a spreadsheet list maybe, listing down the column all the nonstandards features we've either chosen to implement or MS has stuck in there for us or third party software has put in.... with columns across the sheet detailing what it does and how/if it is necessary for this or that or nothing and enabling us to simply put a checkmark in a cell and have the feature disabled?

Maybe even a cell at the top we can check and have the whole sheet go back to basic default?

pc acting strange :)

abrogard, May 8, 2021
  3. Screensaver system acting strangely.

1909 (OS Build 18363. 1316)

A couple of screensavers which I added a while ago no longer work.

In Screen Saver Settings two of those listed are no longer installed on the PC. If I select one of them, pressing Settings or Preview has no effect, I can't use that saver.

If I select the other one, the strange image shown in my previous thread appears

pc acting strange [​IMG]

I have spent a lot of time searching for that image on the PC but can't find out where it is.

Is there some reset function in the system which won't mean having to re-install my many programs and files ?

Stanley1961, May 8, 2021
  4. pc acting strange

pc act really strange without malware

thats not so simple. thats not the drivers for sure. thats not the problem here. the problem is that my pc act so strange without any malware or spyware. when i fix a problem one more problem coming and its happen again and again.

GiulianoBasso, May 8, 2021
Thema:

pc acting strange

1. pc acting strange - Similar Threads - acting strange

2. when using excel my keyboard began acting strangely number bar reads &é"'-è_çà first...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when using excel my keyboard began acting strangely number bar reads &é"'-è_çà first...: when using excel my keyboard began acting strangely number bar reads &é"'-è_çà first line of letters is azertyuiop^$* bottom line of letters is wxcvbn,;:! please help...
  3. when using excel my keyboard began acting strangely number bar reads &é"'-è_çà first...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when using excel my keyboard began acting strangely number bar reads &é"'-è_çà first...: when using excel my keyboard began acting strangely number bar reads &é"'-è_çà first line of letters is azertyuiop^$* bottom line of letters is wxcvbn,;:! please help...
  4. when using excel my keyboard began acting strangely number bar reads &é"'-è_çà first...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows PC acting strange *PLEASE HELP*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PC acting strange *PLEASE HELP*: I was playing a game on my Windows PC and the cord got knocked out of it. After i turned the PC back on all of my settings didn't render in. For example, my taskbar and personalization color settings are set to pink, and after the incident it went back to default. However, i...
  6. Windows PC acting strange *PLEASE HELP*

Windows PC acting strange *PLEASE HELP*: I was playing a game on my Windows PC and the cord got knocked out of it. After i turned the PC back on all of my settings didn't render in. For example, my taskbar and personalization color settings are set to pink, and after the incident it went back to default. However, i...
  7. Pc acting strange after being away for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc acting strange after being away for a while: I've encountered a peculiar issue with my computer, and I'm baffled about what might be causing it. After stepping away for a while, perhaps to make a cup of tea, I returned to find my PC behaving strangely. I can't open any applications, reload Google, or save my current...
  8. Pc acting strange after being away for a while

Pc acting strange after being away for a while: I've encountered a peculiar issue with my computer, and I'm baffled about what might be causing it. After stepping away for a while, perhaps to make a cup of tea, I returned to find my PC behaving strangely. I can't open any applications, reload Google, or save my current...
  9. My pc all of sudden is acting strange.

My pc all of sudden is acting strange.: my pc screen would turn off and on, I can’t open windows start or use the search bar, and some options on windows are gone and non functional. As well trouble shooting not working and always gives me an error. I’ve hard reset my pc but the issues are still there. I have a...
  10. My pc all of sudden is acting strange.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc all of sudden is acting strange.: my pc screen would turn off and on, I can’t open windows start or use the search bar, and some options on windows are gone and non functional. As well trouble shooting not working and always gives me an error. I’ve hard reset my pc but the issues are still there. I have a...