Windows 10: PC Administrator Changed By Accident

Discus and support PC Administrator Changed By Accident in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Alright so I added a friends account to my computer so that I could get a gameshare for the microsoft store. After doing this, it automatically logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashton1171, Mar 26, 2021.

1. PC Administrator Changed By Accident

Alright so I added a friends account to my computer so that I could get a gameshare for the microsoft store. After doing this, it automatically logged me in as him in edge, microsoft store and the whole PC in general. Whenever he changes his background on his computer, it changes it on mine.. Same goes with profile picture and name. Any help would be appreciated, as this is getting quite annoying now lmao. Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/ashton1171
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ashton1171, Mar 26, 2021

2. PC Administrator Has Been Accidently Changed

Hi there,

A young family member logged onto Onenote this morning on our PC and now has administrator rights. Our documents are no longer accessible/we're no longer the administrator and we don't have the option
    to log onto our account (it's no longer an option).

Is there anyway we can restore our PC or log her out and log back into our administrator account?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cathy

CathyMorrow, Mar 26, 2021
  3. How to change main administrator on Windows 10 for HP?

Hello,

Kindly try the below steps to change the account type from Admin to Standard account and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Under make changes to your account, click on
      Manage another account.
    • Select the account which you want to change.
    • Now click on change the account type.
    • Select Standard
      and click on Change the Account Type to change the account type.

To enable the built in admin account, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• In search type "cmd" and right click on the command prompt and open as Administrator (Elevated command prompt).
    • In the elevated Command Prompt, type the following command and then press Enter key.
    Net user administrator /active:yes, close the Command Prompt.

• Restart PC, then you will be able to see Administrator account.

To hide the Admin account, use the below command:

net user administrator /active:no

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 26, 2021
  4. PC Administrator Changed By Accident

changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

PC Administrator Changed By Accident

1. PC Administrator Changed By Accident - Similar Threads - Administrator Changed Accident

2. Accidently changed windows version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently changed windows version: I was given windows home version when I bought my laptop.but I changed thw version from home to education from an online article with a list of product keys given.I changed my original product key to one of those given keys. Till then I cant activate my windows. Cause I dont...
  3. Accidently Changed Windows Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently Changed Windows Key: So I recently changed my windows key by accident and I can't seem to get it to work again. I used the command "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" to get my original key but it doesn't work when I try and use it to activate. It also says I have a...
  4. Accidently Changed Windows Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accidently Changed Windows Key: So I recently changed my windows key by accident and I can't seem to get it to work again. I used the command "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" to get my original key but it doesn't work when I try and use it to activate. It also says I have a...
  5. Accidently Changed Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accidently Changed Product key: HiI brought a new laptop recently got notifications saying that I need to activate Windows although it said "Windows is activated using your company's something, but I kept on getting this notification which annoyed me so much so in my attempt to stop it I came across a...
  6. Accidently Changed Product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently Changed Product key: HiI brought a new laptop recently got notifications saying that I need to activate Windows although it said "Windows is activated using your company's something, but I kept on getting this notification which annoyed me so much so in my attempt to stop it I came across a...
  7. Accidently Changed Product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Accidently changed administrator account to standard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidently changed administrator account to standard: I accidently changed my one and only administrator account to standard account. I tried most of the videos and ways in YouTube and other sites but they doesn't works. Plz help me ToT Windows 10...
  9. Change PC Owner/Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change PC Owner/Administrator: Hi Guys -Hoping someone could provide a little guidance/help.I got a new Windows laptop so I am giving my Mom my old one. My email address is currently the primary administrator on this laptop. I want to remove my Windows account completely from the old laptop aka I want...
  10. Changing PC administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing PC administrator: I recently changed the administrator of the PC that was set up with their name through a microsoft account to a local account. I cannot edit the previous name. Rename is not even an option. I can edit the new default User Created but not the previous. Also, I cannot delete...