Windows 10: Pc alot slower after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

Discus and support Pc alot slower after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had windows 7 previously and my pc was performing to the standard i liked since once of the programs i play video games on made it so its only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Quarantine47, May 17, 2020.

1. Pc alot slower after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

I had windows 7 previously and my pc was performing to the standard i liked

since once of the programs i play video games on made it so its only windows 10 compatible

i decided to upgrade...

since then my pc has been visibly slower and hasnt been achieving the amount of fps i should be getting

its ALOT slower

ive followed a few guides on youtube/answers on here and none of them helped

these included scanning for damaged files in the command prompt/going into performance setting and entering in speeds manually or whatever

any help is appreciated

:)

Quarantine47, May 17, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 17, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Pc alot slower after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Pc alot slower after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

1. Pc alot slower after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 - Similar Threads - alot slower upgrade

2. Pc is slower after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc is slower after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10: Recently, I decided to upgrade my father's Pc from windows 7 to windows 10. At first, pc ran smoothly, startup was normal and as well as opening apps. A few days later, pc became a lot slower than before, start up almost took about 10 mins. I tried different methods such as...
  3. Upgrade PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Upgrade PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello I've been trying to upgrade my Win 7 to Win 10 for the last 3 days without success. Here's my system components AMD FX 6300 Six Core Processor RAM 8 GB GPU Nvidia GeForce 750 GTX Ti HDD WD 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 and what I've tried so far: - Upgrade...
  4. Windows 10 slower compared to Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slower compared to Windows 7: Hey i jus upgraded from windows 7 to 10 PRO ALL MY GAMES ARE ALMOST LAGGING I USED TO GET 60 FPS, BUT NOW ONLY 20 TO 15FPS LIKE **** HAPPENED TO MY PC I have a dell vostro laptop Specs :- intel i-5 3230M CPU @2.60HZ 2.60 8 GB RAM AMD 7600M RADEON PLS HELP ME,...
  5. no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7: Can someone please help me find out how to get my ethernet back> My computer also has wifi so I'm not completely disabled but after windows 7 to 10 upgrade I completely lost my ethernet connection and don't know how to get it back. thanks...
  6. Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7

Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7: One week ago I installed Windows 10 on my computer. I was upgrading from Windows 7. Not sure what happened but it is not working properly. I had a glitch during installation and think that may be the cause. Can I just revert back to Windows 7 and then install Windows 10...
  7. Slower performance after Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 7 Pro

Slower performance after Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 7 Pro: I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro 32-bit version to Win 10 Pro 32-bit version. My laptop feels a bit slower now than it did before. I suspect it's because Win 10 needs more RAM than Win 7 did. I have 8GB DDR3 RAM but since I'm running a 32-bit version of the OS, it only...
  8. Slower Experience After Upgrading From Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Slower Experience After Upgrading From Windows 8.1 to Windows 10: Hi, I'm noticing some lag after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. For example, when I hover over desktop icons, the 'hover box' updates extremely slowly. Also, when I open up file explorer and the files refresh, that happens extremely slowly as well. You can see...
  9. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  10. Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7: I have strange issue only with 1 laptop, upgraded the windows from 7 to 10 pro, when it boot after few min it restarts , If I turn the network connection, reboot system before it restart itself, after next reboot after login turn the network enable . system work fine as...