Windows 10: PC always asks for login after update

Discus and support PC always asks for login after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have turned off every setting that even slightly linked to logging in on start up. It has never asked, but after the update it always asks to log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/darkestbuddha, Aug 24, 2020.

1. PC always asks for login after update

I have turned off every setting that even slightly linked to logging in on start up.

It has never asked, but after the update it always asks to log in even though the setting are still turned off for logging.

Any one know of way to turn this off?

submitted by /u/darkestbuddha
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/darkestbuddha, Aug 24, 2020

2. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

I tried everything that you suggested.

I am trying to login to Microsoft account.

And I am able to login using the web interface.

I used on-screen keyboard too. But the issue persists. It gives an error, and asks to try again.

Please help. I am stuck.

Thanks in advance.

vikas.bandaru, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Unable to login to the PC after updating to Windows 10 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while logging in to the PC after installing the latest Windows update. I appreciate your time and effort in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain steps to login.

To understand the issue better, please respond to the questions below:

1. Is the PC connected to university network/domain network?
    2. Is the computer connected to the internet while you are trying to login to your computer?

If you are not connected to internet, please connect an Ethernet cable to the PC and then try logging.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try booting the PC in to safe mode and check if you are able to login. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please try the next method.

Method 2:

Since you are unable to login, I would suggest you to try rolling back the update and check. Refer the section
    Go back to your previous version of Windows in the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

In addition, you can also try resetting the password for the university account and check if you are able to login. In order to reset the password please get in touch with the university.

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the result of troubleshooting steps to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

PC always asks for login after update

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

PC always asks for login after update

1. PC always asks for login after update - Similar Threads - always asks login

2. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  3. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  4. Stop asking users to login to Microsoft Accounts at Login after an Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stop asking users to login to Microsoft Accounts at Login after an Update: This is something that keeps burning me over and over and it drives me absolutely insane. I use a password manager with passwords of 50 random characters or more for security purposes.When I update Windows sometimes it asks me to log back in to my Microsoft account before I...
  5. Stop asking users to login to Microsoft Accounts at Login after an Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop asking users to login to Microsoft Accounts at Login after an Update: This is something that keeps burning me over and over and it drives me absolutely insane. I use a password manager with passwords of 50 random characters or more for security purposes.When I update Windows sometimes it asks me to log back in to my Microsoft account before I...
  6. Stop asking users to login to Microsoft Accounts at Login after an Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop always asking to restart after an update on windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop always asking to restart after an update on windows: Hi, i was so confused if my laptop always asking to restart again and again after windows update even if i already restart it but suddenly it ask again what should i do? And also on my internet browser i was so dammed problematic when i open our school portal it ask me to...
  8. Login always asks for bitlocker

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login always asks for bitlocker: Every time I turn on my computer I have to put the bitlocker key. After that, it always says my pin isn't set up when it is and forces me to log into my Microsoft account, just so it can ask me "are you sure you want to set up a pin when you have one". This has happened the...
  9. Quick support - alway asks me to login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick support - alway asks me to login: Everytime i start quick assist and start Give "assistance option", I am greeted with "Microsoft Sign in" message window..(although i selected remember me) and i have to neter my mail account .. On other PCs in my office, quick assistance doesn't ask for login details...
  10. Quick support - alway asks me to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick support - alway asks me to login: Everytime i start quick assist and start Give "assistance option", I am greeted with "Microsoft Sign in" message window..(although i selected remember me) and i have to neter my mail account .. On other PCs in my office, quick assistance doesn't ask for login details...