Windows 10: PC always boots to BSOD after resetting PC

Discus and support PC always boots to BSOD after resetting PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was getting a memory error trying to play a game and foolishly decided to just reset my PC thinking it would fix my problems. Now whenever I boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MattM1098, Jul 4, 2019.

1. MattM1098 Win User

PC always boots to BSOD after resetting PC

I was getting a memory error trying to play a game and foolishly decided to just reset my PC thinking it would fix my problems.

Now whenever I boot my PC it directly goes to BSOD and says ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY and what failed : clipsp.sys

A lot of solutions I see online involve downloading driver updates and stuff but I cant do that because my PC bsod’s right away

I was in windows insider program and was on version 1903 I believe

:)

MattM1098, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jul 4, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    PC reset failure

Hi Adam, it depends on your BIOS, it is different on all PC's, ultimately, you need to get the installation media to the top of the Boot order list, try the steps listed above, they should get you there . ..

DaveM121, Jul 4, 2019
  4. PC always boots to BSOD after resetting PC

Windows 10 "Reset this PC" failed upon final boot.

Hi Cathy,

Failing to reset the PC may happen due to several reasons. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were you able to boot using the ISO file that you downloaded?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    When booting the PC using USB recovery tool, please make sure that the first boot source in your PC's BIOS is the USB drive and not the hard drive. It is best to re-download the ISO file to make sure that you have the latest version.

Keep us updated with the status of this concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

PC always boots to BSOD after resetting PC

1. PC always boots to BSOD after resetting PC - Similar Threads - always boots BSOD

2. PC always boots but refuses restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC always boots but refuses restart: Hello,I have a, in my opinion, very strange problem where I am now seeking support regarding the exclusion of, for example, a creators update or other Windows update that my build doesn't like. The issue is most likely my fault, but I cannot rule out that it's not. I have...
  3. PC always boots but refuses restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC always boots but refuses restart: Hello,I have a, in my opinion, very strange problem where I am now seeking support regarding the exclusion of, for example, a creators update or other Windows update that my build doesn't like. The issue is most likely my fault, but I cannot rule out that it's not. I have...
  4. Problems with getting PC to always boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with getting PC to always boot: Windows 10 64-bit V2004 19041.804 16GB RAM Intel i3-3220 Gigabyte motherboard. I have a PCi card with 2 SATA slots on it - used for data discs. I use Macrium Reflekt to clone my boot drive, so I have 2 boot drives. Can't detect any difference in the boot problems between the...
  5. PC Boot Loop after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Boot Loop after reset: I was trying to reset my pc and it reset and was doing its disc check for the boot drive. After that, the pc boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze then restarted, and did the same thing. All night I was trying to install windows via USB and it read it and went to the...
  6. Boot Loop after Reset PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Loop after Reset PC: My laptop, a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 bought in March 2020, is stuck in a boot loop where the Microsoft logo appears, followed by the loading spinning dots, then it cuts to black and the entire process repeats. All I did was reset my pc and it went smoothly until after...
  7. Pc won't boot after factory reset.

Pc won't boot after factory reset.: I have a Lenovo erazer x310 and when i resetted it it wont boot. It shows the lenovo screen but does not go further than that not even in BIOS. The computer was working fine until now....
  8. pc always boots at recovery environment

pc always boots at recovery environment: hi, I am using windows 10 version 2004 on HP laptop. my pc always boots at recovery environment. i don't know why. how can i fix this? plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-always-boots-at-recovery-environment/16f5daa2-70f2-4c30-b49c-2bac4f63ef4b
  9. BSOD after PC reset

BSOD after PC reset: Hello I was having BSODs with a new PC a while back. I restored it to an earlier point, and it stopped so I thought it was resolved. It started happening again so this time I tried doing a PC reset but it's still persisting. I have run the sfc /scannow and found nothing....
  10. BSOD Loop, can't boot or reset pc

BSOD Loop, can't boot or reset pc: Hi, For a few days now my PC has been stuck in repair loops and various blue screen errors. Any help would be much appreciated!! I've been through the community and tried various fixes and checks but no luck so far. I think the problem is a recently installed software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc always boots to windows