Windows 10: PC always restarts when selecting shutdown.

Discus and support PC always restarts when selecting shutdown. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The title basically explains it all. I have tried everything. Disabling fast startup, disabling wake on LAN, trying a clean boot, and nothing has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/booooooolin24-7, Feb 17, 2021.

1. PC always restarts when selecting shutdown.

The title basically explains it all. I have tried everything. Disabling fast startup, disabling wake on LAN, trying a clean boot, and nothing has succeeded. This is a brand new installation of Windows as well.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

submitted by /u/booooooolin24-7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/booooooolin24-7, Feb 17, 2021

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 17, 2021
  3. little cat, Feb 17, 2021
  4. oldeboye Win User

PC always restarts when selecting shutdown.

Restart and shutdown do not function from START button

If I select restart or shutdown from the log in screen, they work. Both also work from safe mode with networking.

Nothing obvious in the event log.

Any suggestions for the next step?

oldeboye, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

PC always restarts when selecting shutdown.

1. PC always restarts when selecting shutdown. - Similar Threads - always restarts selecting

2. PC always restarts when trying to Boot into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC always restarts when trying to Boot into windows: My PC randomly started to restart on his own when i get to the lockscreen it restarts so i booted in to linux mint and it did not restart at all i tried to re-installing it but it always restarts in the instillation screen so i wiped the harddisk and tried again and it keep...
  3. PC Shutdown and restart automatically when open game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Shutdown and restart automatically when open game: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>...
  4. PC will not power off when I select Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not power off when I select Shutdown: I recently installed the latest round of updates to Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Optiplex 7040 desktop as shown below.Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H2Installed on ‎9/‎14/‎2020OS build 19044.1645Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  5. PC will not power off when I select Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not power off when I select Shutdown: I recently installed the latest round of updates to Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Optiplex 7040 desktop as shown below.Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H2Installed on ‎9/‎14/‎2020OS build 19044.1645Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. PC will not power off when I select Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC restarts when I shutdown: I have an issue on my laptop that when I shutting down my laptop It restart by itself. It starts shutdown very normally then opens again so I cannot close my laptop except when I only holding the power button until it force shutdown....
  8. Pc keeps restarting then updating when shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc keeps restarting then updating when shutdown: Hi I'm not that tech savvy but recently I been having a issue with my windows 10 pc. Before when there were updates I would keep shutting down my pc WITHOUT updating till it finally said shutown and update and I had no choice but now everytime I have a update and go to...
  9. Pc not restarting when selected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc not restarting when selected: Hey guys, my Pc has hit a weird snag lol, It don't want to reboot my monitors go black so do my mouse and keyboard.. but that's it. I have even pressed the restart button on the tower and still the same issue. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated Adam. 132043
  10. Computer restarts after selecting shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after selecting shutdown: I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop that when I hit shutdown in the start menu, it will restart instead. At the sign in screen I can press shutdown and it will work fine, but it is just annoying to have to wait and press shutdown again. Also it is a clean install of...