Windows 10: PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen

Discus and support PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer takes forever to wake up from sleep since I've moved to my new apartment. Shortly after I upgraded my monitor, but the problem didn’t get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KingCornWallis, Jul 17, 2019.

1. PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen

My computer takes forever to wake up from sleep since I've moved to my new apartment. Shortly after I upgraded my monitor, but the problem didn’t get much better. After it wakes up, it will often not show the login screen, just the background for it. The weird thing is that it stilll responds to typing, and if I enter my pin correctly, it will unlock.

To put things in perspective, I have an NVME drive as my boot SSD and I have no idea why it takes so long for my computer to properly talk to my monitor.

To make things worse, after the latest May Update for Windows, my screen is often completely green or purple, and this can only be resolved by rebooting. In the midsts of all these problems, I also got a new graphics card, and I used DDU and none of the problems changed.

Please help.

Green Screen

:)

KingCornWallis, Jul 17, 2019

2. Waking from sleep mode

Windows 10 Acer

With Windows 10 (fully updated) and Acer Aspire R13 screen is filled with vertical purple and green strips when waking from sleep mode. This does not seem to happen shutting down and restarting. Any help would be appreciated.

a

KennethKudisch, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 17, 2019
  4. PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen

1. PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen - Similar Threads - always takes long

2. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  3. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  4. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  6. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  7. Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time: [ATTACH] Hello, I have a laptop HP Envy 15t - i7 6700HQ, model - M9U50AV which is around 5 years old running Windows 10. It has been running smoothly for last couple of years except for one issue which cropped up last year. The boot time is extremely high around 5...
  8. Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode

Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode: As the title states, I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 that takes 5-6 seconds to turn on the screen after I open the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. Usually I just put up with it, but it took an exceptionally long 15 seconds today. I thought this was typical Windows behavior...
  9. Computer takes a long time to wake from sleep

Computer takes a long time to wake from sleep: It seems to take ~20 seconds for my computer to get to the Windows 10 login screen from sleep. I first click on the keyboard and it lights up immediately. I can hear the CPU fan kick on immediately also. Then I have to wait another 15-20 seconds before the monitor displays...
  10. Computer takes time to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer takes time to wake up from sleep: I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but...