Windows 10: PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen

Discus and support PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer takes forever to wake up from sleep since I've moved to my new apartment. Shortly after I upgraded my monitor, but the problem didn’t get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KingCornWallis, Jul 17, 2019.

1. PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen

My computer takes forever to wake up from sleep since I've moved to my new apartment. Shortly after I upgraded my monitor, but the problem didn’t get much better. After it wakes up, it will often not show the login screen, just the background for it. The weird thing is that it stilll responds to typing, and if I enter my pin correctly, it will unlock.

To put things in perspective, I have an NVME drive as my boot SSD and I have no idea why it takes so long for my computer to properly talk to my monitor.

To make things worse, after the latest May Update for Windows, my screen is often completely green or purple, and this can only be resolved by rebooting. In the midsts of all these problems, I also got a new graphics card, and I used DDU and none of the problems changed.

Please help.

Green Screen

:)

KingCornWallis, Jul 17, 2019

2. Waking from sleep mode

Windows 10 Acer

With Windows 10 (fully updated) and Acer Aspire R13 screen is filled with vertical purple and green strips when waking from sleep mode. This does not seem to happen shutting down and restarting. Any help would be appreciated.

a

KennethKudisch, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 17, 2019
  4. PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen

1. PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen - Similar Threads - always takes long

2. PC waking up by itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC waking up by itself from sleep: Since installing the 1903 update (running W10 Pro), I've noticed on several occasions that my PC has turned itself on from sleep... I've done some investigating and found the following is waking up the PC: [img] What is "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" exactly and...
  3. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  4. Wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake up from sleep: Sirs, Windows 10 Version 1809 is very slow to recover from 'sleep'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/98c1ef70-18db-42b8-84c2-8c43d679e85b
  5. Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep: Hi, I am trying to prevent my mouse from waking up my PC and currently haven't found a solution. Things tried: Wake up feature from the mouse is currently unticked. In the keyboard section there are two HID keyboards. The second one is the mouse, since when I unticked...
  6. Help, computer not always waking from sleep?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help, computer not always waking from sleep?: Hello everyone, i dont know if this is a windows 10 problem or something but i need some assistance. I bought a pc from CyberPower PC a couple of months ago and so far its been great. But the last few weeks (i believe is when it started) my computer doesn't always want to...
  7. Desktop PC wont wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC wont wake up from sleep: after a fresh install of Windows 10 on a Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD i cant seem to get my computer to wake. i have my mouse (Logitech g700s) currently plugged in with USB cable and a 2.4ghz wireless keyboard. after i put the computer to sleep i cant seem to wake it. my only...
  8. Frequent crashes (always waking from sleep but other times as well)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent crashes (always waking from sleep but other times as well): Hello, I just built a new system (or really moved an old system to a new motherboard) involving a Foxconn Quantumian1 x79 motherboard and a 3930k processor. My PSU is a corsair RM850. On the old system (HP motherboard), I was not having any problems. With the Foxconn, I am...
  9. Custom PC not waking up from sleep mode

Custom PC not waking up from sleep mode: My custom computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode whenever I try to wake it up. It's a problem that started a few weeks ago, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to resolve it. I tried everything I've could, and I think I might have a lead. I was able to wake the...
  10. Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes

Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes: When I open the lid on my laptop the lights all come on but then it takes 1 - 2 minutes for the desktop to appear. Just a black screen. I have it set to sleep when the lid closes. I did a factory install recovery and then put on Windows 10. I have checked all the...