Windows 10: Pc always wakes up alone why?

Discus and support Pc always wakes up alone why? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I recently put together a Windows 10 PC. Until recently, everything was still running fine, if I do nothing after a while the PC switches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Thedarklurch, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Pc always wakes up alone why?

Hi everyone, I recently put together a Windows 10 PC. Until recently, everything was still running fine, if I do nothing after a while the PC switches off the screen, should be the same. But since new the PC wakes up again and again by itself, how can I prevent this or do I have to adjust something new which was adjusted during an update?

:)

Thedarklurch, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Aug 1, 2020
  3. pc wakes up itself

Hi Davemal,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the below the below mentioned steps

Method 1:

Run Built-in Power Troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Power” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works.

* Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Apply repair automatically”. Also ensure to select
    Run as administrator.

* Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

Check your Network card properties to see if incase it is causing the problem.

• Press Windows Key+ X and select Device Manager from the list
    • Spot and Expand the Network Adapters
    • Right click on your Network card and select Properties.
    • Click Power Management tab and uncheck the options there to prevent your network card from ever waking up your Windows.

Method 3:

If it doesn't help, then let us find the root cause by using the command line which actually making PC to wake up

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt(Admin) from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• To find out which devices are enabled to wake up the PC, enter this command
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will show the which device make system to Wake up last.
    Post finding the device, work around with the settings to fix the issue.

Hope this will helps

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 1, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Pc always wakes up alone why?

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Pc always wakes up alone why?

1. Pc always wakes up alone why? - Similar Threads - always wakes alone

2. Why does it always take two attempts to wake up my PC from sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it always take two attempts to wake up my PC from sleep?: Every single time my computer is asleep, if I only tap a key on the keyboard once, the PC physically "wakes up" LEDs turn on, fans start spinning, etc. but doesn't actually load the login screen. To actually wake it up, I have to hit a key or move the mouse a second time....
  3. Why does it always take two attempts to wake up my PC from sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does it always take two attempts to wake up my PC from sleep?: Every single time my computer is asleep, if I only tap a key on the keyboard once, the PC physically "wakes up" LEDs turn on, fans start spinning, etc. but doesn't actually load the login screen. To actually wake it up, I have to hit a key or move the mouse a second time....
  4. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone: This is extremely frustrating. I put my surface pro in my backpack fully charged and when I get it back the battery has been drained to 50%.The light of the screen even wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason.* There are no BIOS "USB wake up" options.* The Power...
  5. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone: This is extremely frustrating. I put my surface pro in my backpack fully charged and when I get it back the battery has been drained to 50%.The light of the screen even wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason.* There are no BIOS "USB wake up" options.* The Power...
  6. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Custom PC doesn't always wake up or boot correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Custom PC doesn't always wake up or boot correctly: Hello. A few weeks ago I bought a custom built PC from my coworker that he had been using for work for the last few years. I've run into a couple issues that, as far as I know, didn't exist when he owned it. First of all, when I wake it up from sleep the fans turn on and...
  8. What is a Wake source for Windows computer? Why did my PC wake up?

in Windows 10 News
    What is a Wake source for Windows computer? Why did my PC wake up?: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to find out what woke your Windows 10 computer from Sleep. Putting our PC to Sleep Mode is one […] This article What is a Wake source for Windows computer? Why did my PC wake up? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. My pc reboots after being left alone for hours, instead of just waking up and continuing...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc reboots after being left alone for hours, instead of just waking up and continuing...: My pc reboots after being left alone for hours, instead of just waking up and continuing from where it was left from and this restart process is kind of long. How can i solve this? I've been facing this issue for some time now and i do not particularity like it because it...
  10. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289