Windows 10: PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

Discus and support PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by clayto, May 7, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not helped, not least because settings described as being in the Control Panel or in Settings do not appear to be there.

:)

clayto, May 7, 2019
  2. sagarpv Win User

N8 : HDMI cable is not fit to HDMI port on Sony Bravia TV

Hi,

I got the HDMI cable with the N8, I tried to connect my N8 to the Sony Bravia TV with this cable. But it is not fit into the HDMI port of the TV.

Is there any other connectivity cable require to connect phone and TV through HDMI cable?

If yes, please suggest me what cable and where to buy that cable.

or

Is there any other way to connect my phone and TV through HDMI.

sagarpv, May 7, 2019
  3. connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your TV and your computer?
    2. Do you get any error message on the TV or on your computer when trying to connect the computer and TV using HDMI Cable?
    3. We appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps, so could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already tried?

Meanwhile, follow the below steps and see if this helps.

Before trying the below steps, turn off your computer as well as your TV.

Step 1: Plug one end of the HDMI Port in the TV and the other to the computers HDMI Port. Then, turn on both your computer as well as TV.

Note: Make sure that the TV is set to the exact HDMI Channel from the Input Settings (refer your TV manual).

Step 2: Once you perform the Step 1, the computer should output its screen automatically to the TV. If it failed to do so, then follow below steps.

Step 3: Press the Windows key and the R key from your keyboard and type
    Control and hit Enter.

Step 4: Switch the View by Category to
    Small icons
    > Click on Display > On the left pane, click on
    Adjust resolution.

Step 5: Under Display, click on the drop-down list and choose your TV name select the appropriate resolution for the TV to display.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 7, 2019
  4. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable - Similar Threads - connecting via HDMI

2. no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable: Hi.My win11 mini pc no longer has audio whej connected to my toshiba smart tv via hdmi cable.It worked perfectly well 2 days ago, now its just stopped suddenly. It affects all aspects of the pc, every app, notification and media player.I have tried without success...Checked...
  3. no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable: Hi.My win11 mini pc no longer has audio whej connected to my toshiba smart tv via hdmi cable.It worked perfectly well 2 days ago, now its just stopped suddenly. It affects all aspects of the pc, every app, notification and media player.I have tried without success...Checked...
  4. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  5. hdmi cable to tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  6. No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC: Why is there no audio when I plug in HDMI cable from tv to pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-with-hdmi-cable-from-tv-to-pc/ad23c526-2966-4b35-9b7e-3fda436a7b79
  7. connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop: Every time I try to connect my dual boot HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10 N Version 1809 to my Vizio E420i-B0 TV my laptop crashes. When I make the hdmi connection via Linux Lite 3.6 the TV connects without a problem. Is it the N 10 1809 version of Windows that's the...
  8. problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable: My HDIM connect used to work fine but now I am unable to connect my TV using HDMI cable from my laptop. I receive an error message saying that it cannot detect another display...
  9. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC to TV via HDMI Cord: I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue...
  10. Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI: When I connect them the PC doesn't even detect it, and the TV just says no signal, even though I allowed it in the TV settings. My video card is a Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 with the latest drivers installed and it supports the resolution of the TV. Also, it says PC Input on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi cable not connecting to tv

2. computer wont connect to lg smart tv using hdmi cable

3. how can I connect my Samsung Smart TV to my Laptop win 10 not using a HMDI cable or Bluetooth

4. connect lg tv to computer using hdmi,
  5. extend display windows 10 from laptop to LG smart tV without HDMI cable,
  6. connect LG 45660to computer