Windows 10: PC appears to switch from Nvidia to Intel graphics mid-game

Discus and support PC appears to switch from Nvidia to Intel graphics mid-game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Occasionally when playing games in the past mostly Overwatch the game will almost freeze. It's still basically working but with such a huge amount of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by loginprobs, Dec 27, 2020.

1. PC appears to switch from Nvidia to Intel graphics mid-game

Occasionally when playing games in the past mostly Overwatch the game will almost freeze. It's still basically working but with such a huge amount of lag that the game is not playable. Even after I close the game the performance issue sometimes continues even within Windows until I restart the computer.

Recently I have been playing Control and it was fine for the first few days, but gradually the freezes are more and more frequent and often begin after pausing the game or after a load screen etc.

From what I can tell with Task Manager it seems that during these times the Nvidia graphics card is barely working while the Intel integrated graphics is running at 100%. Has anyone else experienced this and found the cause or solution?

:)

loginprobs, Dec 27, 2020

2. Changing Brightness with Nvidia Graphic Card

Hello Everybody,

While I am using Nvidia Graphic Card, for example playing a game, the brightness decreasing and increasing frequently. When I unplug the the power cable and then plug in again, the problem is temporarily fixed. How can I fix the problem?

My computer is MSI GE70-2QE Apache Pro and the followings are the specs of my computer:

• Intel Core i7 4720HQ CPU
    • Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Nvidia GTX 960M Graphic Card

Özgün Bahar, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Does the issue occur with all the games or only with one particular game?
    • Are you aware of any major changes on the computer prior to this issue?

As you have mentioned that the Nvidia drivers are not latest, I suggest you to install the latest drivers and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

Also, I would suggest to disable Intel graphics driver and check the system performance. Please follow the steps to disable Intel graphics driver:

1. Press Windows key + X, this will open the context menu.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right click on Intel graphics driver and click on
      Disable device.
    5. This will disable the Intel graphics driver and all the programs should go through NVidia graphics driver.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 27, 2020
  4. PC appears to switch from Nvidia to Intel graphics mid-game

Nvidia GeForce MX vs. Intel Graphics

I bought a Dell Inspiron 17 7778 2-in-1 within the last month. This 2-in-1 has both Intel HD 520 and 'ancillary' GeForce MX 940 chipsets.

I've built several computers and am tech-savvy; I've installed mostly NVIDIA cards in my desktop computers. However, I'm facing a conundrum...

I particularly use my computers to listen and make music, but primarily for use with the Adobe Suite of graphic items. I NEVER game, unless one considers Solitaire to be 'gaming' <G>...

I expected (per the apparently negligible knowledge of the BBY salesperson) that the GeForce MX would be of use for these NON-gaming applications. I came to find that the NVIDIA chipset seemed to be useless for anything but gaming, I 'chatted' with an NVIDIA
    agent who more-or-less 'said' that I was correct in my observations.

In turn, if that's pretty much the case, it is an aggravatingly useless, if not an egregious part of this computer which installs a ridiculous amount of multiple resource-thieving drivers, 'experiences', etc. 1GB is assigned to the Intel graphics and 2GB
    to the NVIDIA graphics. It was suggested by the NVIDIA rep that a rig with a Quadro chipset (which he kept referring to as a 'card') would be best...which is hard to come by and significantly more expensive (i.e. $4,000 vs. $1000).

So, I suppose my question goes: Is this computer worth keeping or returning? I bought this 17.3" for its size, hybrid design, and the supposed ability to benefit from the NVIDIA graphics. I have a few days to get rid of it since
    I'm a BBY Elite member....Can anyone shed light on and/or make a suggestion as to whether to keep or return it and seek out something else? (BTW, 15.6" is the smallest I could do...13.3" and under is wa'ay too small.)

Thank you for your consideration...

...Thew. PC appears to switch from Nvidia to Intel graphics mid-game :)

Thew Erikkson, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

PC appears to switch from Nvidia to Intel graphics mid-game

1. PC appears to switch from Nvidia to Intel graphics mid-game - Similar Threads - appears switch Nvidia

2. How to change graphics from Intel to Nvidia?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change graphics from Intel to Nvidia?: My Nvidia control panal does not pop up when I right click on my screen. It does not open and I did everything I can from a other person having the same problem. Can someone please help me....
  3. How to change graphics from Intel to Nvidia?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change graphics from Intel to Nvidia?: My Nvidia control panal does not pop up when I right click on my screen. It does not open and I did everything I can from a other person having the same problem. Can someone please help me....
  4. Nvidia graphics card not appearing

Nvidia graphics card not appearing: I have just updated my PC to windows 10 and was trying to make sure that all of my devices drives are up to date but I pulled up the device manager and my Nvidia graphics cards are not there. There is a new Microsoft basic display adapter where my graphics card used to be....
  5. Nvidia graphics card not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia graphics card not appearing: I have just updated my PC to windows 10 and was trying to make sure that all of my devices drives are up to date but I pulled up the device manager and my Nvidia graphics cards are not there. There is a new Microsoft basic display adapter where my graphics card used to be....
  6. Nvidia graphics card not appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. When Intel Graphics is turned off, Monitor does not switch to NVIDIA GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Intel Graphics is turned off, Monitor does not switch to NVIDIA GPU.: I have recently gotten a new monitor, however, when I decided to play a game on it, it looked fuzzy and laggy. My laptop, which was running the monitor, however, did not. I searched the internet for help concerning this, and I found out how to disable the onboard GPU. When I...
  8. When Intel Graphics is turned off, Monitor does not switch to NVIDIA GPU.

When Intel Graphics is turned off, Monitor does not switch to NVIDIA GPU.: I have recently gotten a new monitor, however, when I decided to play a game on it, it looked fuzzy and laggy. My laptop, which was running the monitor, however, did not. I searched the internet for help concerning this, and I found out how to disable the onboard GPU. When I...
  9. When Intel Graphics is turned off, Monitor does not switch to NVIDIA GPU.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Intel vs Nvidia graphics for screen recording? via game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel vs Nvidia graphics for screen recording? via game bar: So my remote college classes just started and I record all the lectures. I mainly use 2 devices. My PC and my laptop. PC specs: Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2070S, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, 1TB nvme, dual-monitor setup 4k60 and 1440p144. Laptop specs: Intel i7-1185G7 w/Iris Xe iGPU, 16GB...