Windows 10: PC Applications Freeze for a Few Seconds

Discus and support PC Applications Freeze for a Few Seconds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys. I’ve been experiencing a problem with my pc for a week and a half now. Whenever I play a game or have any app open it will freeze for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gavinszn, Feb 16, 2021.

1. PC Applications Freeze for a Few Seconds

Hello guys. I’ve been experiencing a problem with my pc for a week and a half now. Whenever I play a game or have any app open it will freeze for a couple of seconds every so often. For example, I will be playing COD and be on discord and be talking to my friends and then everything will cut out. I will get “Connection Interrupted” on COD and my audio on Discord will disconnect. Eventually, it will resume and I can hear my friends again. What I have noticed though is, my google chrome won’t freeze, only apps. I will be talking to my friends on discord and the freeze happens, the audio cuts out but my YouTube will stay going. This also happens with my Zoom when I’m in school. Can someone please help and reach out to me?

submitted by /u/gavinszn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gavinszn, Feb 16, 2021
  2. heartog Win User

PC Freezes for 1-2 seconds when launching certain programs

The PC would freeze for a few seconds when I open certain programs the first time after waking the PC from sleep. It would not freeze if I open the program again after the first time, until I sleep the PC again. Programs that would freeze are e.g. MPC, Potplayer, etc.

System specs in profile

Tried:
    -Clean Windows 10 install, twice
    -Newest drivers
    -New Monitor, New TV

Any Suggestions? Thanks!

heartog, Feb 16, 2021
  3. dhabia_a Win User
    pc freeze for a split second

every about 3-5 seconds my pc freezes for 1-2 seconds, im pretty sure its something to do with nvidia but i dont know (it freezes the audio too)

dhabia_a, Feb 16, 2021
  4. damianc Win User

PC Applications Freeze for a Few Seconds

Freezing desktop and taskbar icons and freezing applications

Hi

Followed the suggested steps.
    Thought it was working ok but it's locked again
    Back to showing the same symptoms so sadly, I don't think I'm any further on

Any other suggestions?

Can't help feeling like it's either missing a file or something key is corrupted

Nothing shows up via Seagate, scandisc, virus scans (mcafee), malwarebytes
    Still also seems to be an issue in safemode

Wondering where to go next...

Extreme but I'm thinking about formatting and starting again
    Never done that before though so any useful links to a step-by-step approach would be useful
    Including windows 10

I do not have a Windows 10 disc - only a windows 8 that came with my PC
    I installed 10 for free some time ago by following a link when MS were really pushing windows 10

Thanks

Damian

damianc, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

PC Applications Freeze for a Few Seconds

1. PC Applications Freeze for a Few Seconds - Similar Threads - Applications Freeze Few

2. Drive spinning and freezing pc for a few seconds again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive spinning and freezing pc for a few seconds again: Hi, I've had this issue 3 times now. All of the ways that I have tried to solve the issue in the past haven't worked this time, it's a complete mystery why this is...
  3. Drive spinning and freezing pc for a few seconds again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive spinning and freezing pc for a few seconds again: Hi, I've had this issue 3 times now. All of the ways that I have tried to solve the issue in the past haven't worked this time, it's a complete mystery why this is...
  4. Drive spinning and freezing pc for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive spinning and freezing pc for a few seconds: Hi, I've had issues with drives spinning and freezing my computer before, and fixed them, but it's started up again with absolutely nothing having been changed in my computer. My monitors stopped working when I woke up this morning, so I had to restart my computer by holding...
  5. Drive spinning and freezing pc for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive spinning and freezing pc for a few seconds: Hi, I've had issues with drives spinning and freezing my computer before, and fixed them, but it's started up again with absolutely nothing having been changed in my computer. My monitors stopped working when I woke up this morning, so I had to restart my computer by holding...
  6. Drive spinning and freezing pc for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.....
  8. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.. Not...
  9. PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time: Hi there, my pc freezes a lot and it repeats the audio that was last playing no matter what im doing, it sounds like glitching. I found another thread on this but it was very complicated so if someone could please explain how to do this in simpler words! thank you!...
  10. Windows 10 PC Freezes For A Few Seconds Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC Freezes For A Few Seconds Randomly: So, in late 2019 I started getting alot of issues with my pc, which I thought I had managed to fix... but today it seems like my main issue has returned. My pc freezes completely randomly for a few seconds, I did try to contact microsoft, but all the help I got was actually...