Windows 10: PC asking constantly to enter password after being a Sleep Mode or Idle

Discus and support PC asking constantly to enter password after being a Sleep Mode or Idle in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I know my password, after a recommended update I now have to enter a different way, either a PIN or the password to one of my mail accounts which I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Astridbk, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Astridbk Win User

PC asking constantly to enter password after being a Sleep Mode or Idle

I know my password, after a recommended update I now have to enter a different way, either a PIN or the password to one of my mail accounts which I found odd. How do I set it back to the way I had it originally?

HELP?????

:)

Astridbk, Aug 15, 2019
  2. colnago Win User

Win 10 Constantly Requesting Password After Entering Sleep Mode

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to stop Win 10 requesting password after going into sleep mode. What I have tried netplwiz and unchecked box and also a Microsoft Rep suggested to access user accounts through cmd which I did and that helped a little to where computer needs to enter sleep mode to request password where as before when screen just shut off to save power and hitting power button before sleep activated password request happened. The device is a Surface 3 with Win 10 from 8.1 where 8.1 never had this issue. Also, I think is weird, when sign in comes up it says switch user in bottom left but computer only has one user that I can verify through control panel and cmd using net users. So issue is tablet goes into sleep mode will request password but instead of entering password you can hit power button and select restart then Win 10 signs right in, weird. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

colnago, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Vista Sleep Mode Setting Questions

in sleep mode, the PC is off. no downloads for you.

2. You wake up by pressing the power button, or using the mouse and keyboard. These settings are controlled in the BIOS. To enter the password, type it on the keyboard and hit enter - if you set it in the BIOS as a wakeup, thats how - if you mean in vista, it will be a normal login screen.

3. there is no photo. 20 minutes of idle.

4. no. its not possible to do anything at all in sleep mode.

Mussels, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. PC asking constantly to enter password after being a Sleep Mode or Idle - Similar Threads - asking constantly enter

2. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  3. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  4. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  5. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  6. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. will not ask for password after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    will not ask for password after sleep: I am trying to make W10 ask for my logon password after going to sleep. I went into the settings and clearly set it to ask for the logon after it has gone to sleep. I set it to sleep after 15 minutes and it does go to sleep , but shaking the mouse will wake the system without...
  8. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  9. Problems with password after being in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with password after being in sleep mode: Windows does not ask for password after being in sleep mode. Require sign in is selected in stetting's for "When PC wakes up from sleep" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-password-after-being-in-sleep-mode/f907f4c3-a720-480a-b783-e4c56f489d7e
  10. Win 10 Constantly Requesting Password After Entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Constantly Requesting Password After Entering Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to stop Win 10 requesting password after going into sleep mode. What I have tried netplwiz and unchecked box and also a Microsoft Rep suggested to access user accounts through cmd which I did and that helped a little...