Windows 10: PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game

Discus and support PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I launch Battlefield 2042 all of my PC audio is gone. Not only do I not hear the game but my Discord audio stops working as well. This only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nathan Syphard, Jun 13, 2022.

1. PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game

Whenever I launch Battlefield 2042 all of my PC audio is gone. Not only do I not hear the game but my Discord audio stops working as well. This only happens with BF 2042 and no other game. There is no in game option to change audio output to a specific device. I contacted EA and they said they think it is a windows issue. The audio works when I don't use my Bluetooth headphones and plug in my wired headphones. I tried disabling all playback in sound control panel except for my Bluetooth headphones and it worked, but the next time I tried that solution stopped working. I am out of options and s

:)

Nathan Syphard, Jun 13, 2022

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 13, 2022
  3. why does my headset audio stop working when i launch a game from steam

Hi,

There are several reasons why your headset is not working when launching a game from Steam. It is possible that the headset is outdated or not compatible with the game. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Is the headset working when you use it for a different game or app?
    • Have you tried using the headset for Xbox Live party chats?
    • Does the headset work on a different device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you may perform the provided solutions on this

link
    to resolve sound or audio issues on your PC.

Loraine Mon, Jun 13, 2022
  4. PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game

How to make sure Game Bar only records game audio, and not audio from other apps?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to record the in game audio only and mute the audio from other apps.

You can change the game bar settings to record only the game audio. To do that follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows key +
      G to launch Game Bar.
    2. Click on Settings (Gear icon).
    3. Click on Capturing.
    4. Under Recording, select the check box for
      Record in the background while I’m playing a game.
    5. Under Audio to Record, select the Radio button for
      Game. (If you are still unable to get Audio, select the Radio button to All).

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 13, 2022
Thema:

PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game

1. PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game - Similar Threads - audio cuts launching

2. Certain Game Audios cut out immediately after starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Game Audios cut out immediately after starting: Whenever I try to launch Fortnite or THE FINALS, audio will be present at the beginning of the game and then cut out forever. https://youtu.be/kNULNYLJT28The video I've linked is my perspectave....
  3. Certain Game Audios cut out immediately after starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Game Audios cut out immediately after starting: Whenever I try to launch Fortnite or THE FINALS, audio will be present at the beginning of the game and then cut out forever. https://youtu.be/kNULNYLJT28The video I've linked is my perspectave....
  4. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  5. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  6. Audio Cutting out when in Games

7. PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game

PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game: Whenever I launch Battlefield 2042 all of my PC audio is gone. Not only do I not hear the game but my Discord audio stops working as well. This only happens with BF 2042 and no other game. There is no in game option to change audio output to a specific device. I contacted EA...
  8. PC crashes when trying to launch certain game

PC crashes when trying to launch certain game: Every since i upgraded to windows 11 when i start Destiny 2 or Fortnite my PC crashes and gives me an error DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED. I can reinstall games and they will work for a bit then start crashing the pc again. Verifying files makes no difference...
  9. PC crashes when trying to launch certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when trying to launch certain game: Every since i upgraded to windows 11 when i start Destiny 2 or Fortnite my PC crashes and gives me an error DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED. I can reinstall games and they will work for a bit then start crashing the pc again. Verifying files makes no difference...
  10. Bluetooth audio cuts out when I click certain programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth audio cuts out when I click certain programs: I have a TP Link Bluetooth dongle in my Windows 10 PC. Amazon link for dongle I'm using apple airpods to connect to the Bluetooth dongle. I know Airpods aren't the best with windows, but I can get them to work most of the time. The problem starts after I have...