Windows 10: PC audio doesn't mute

Discus and support PC audio doesn't mute in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC's audio will not mute. Volume is controllable in the task bar, and will go up and down, but even if I click the toggle mute button, I still get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dakota Sharpe, Feb 5, 2021.

1. PC audio doesn't mute

My PC's audio will not mute. Volume is controllable in the task bar, and will go up and down, but even if I click the toggle mute button, I still get audio at the same level. I checked all drivers for updates, and re-configured Realtek settings. Audio also does not mute if toggled within Realtek. I tried this with headphones and speakers, with the same results. Still persists after restating.

:)

Dakota Sharpe, Feb 5, 2021

2. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me PC audio doesn't mute :)

GiancarlosGarza, Feb 5, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

PC audio doesn't mute [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 5, 2021
  4. CyrrusV Win User

PC audio doesn't mute

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

PC audio doesn't mute

1. PC audio doesn't mute - Similar Threads - audio doesn't mute

2. PC audio doesn't mute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC audio doesn't mute: Device: Microsoft Laptop StudioWindows 11All updates installedAll audio drivers and devices uninstalled and then installedLaptop rebooted couple of timesTried troubleshoot sound devices too vie windows and surface standard appsProblem:Can't mute device:F2 button change the...
  3. PC audio doesn't mute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC audio doesn't mute: Device: Microsoft Laptop StudioWindows 11All updates installedAll audio drivers and devices uninstalled and then installedLaptop rebooted couple of timesTried troubleshoot sound devices too vie windows and surface standard appsProblem:Can't mute device:F2 button change the...
  4. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  5. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  6. My audio is muted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My audio is muted?: It looks like the audio of my pc is muted at the bottom. Over the volume symbol it has a red "x" But whenever i try to unmute it it just troubleshoots the problem. the lady then says its muted and that she unmuted it but when i go to click on it again, it just troubleshoots...
  7. Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the...: Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the volume to 0 will. If I'm playing audio in any app it continues to play audio in my wired headphones no matter how I attempt to mute it. Control panel or keyboard button show the mute icon...
  8. Audios is completely muted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audios is completely muted: Just as about to browse on the internet and watch Twitch and some stuff, I hear nothing with audios and it's dead silence. I thought I have to put mute on, but I hear nothing the rest of it. I have to try to fix it such as put automatic Window Audios, Plug and Play and...
  9. Muted Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muted Audio Drivers: I don't know if this will help or not but I was having the problem of my audio driver's would not unmute.If you are running Multiplicity or some other audio sharing software disable it! Some situations might be the same but this solved my problem. I hope this helps!...
  10. Audio muting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio muting itself: Does anyone know what might cause the audio to mute itself . Ive seen the behavior on a couple of different machines now, mainly HP Probook laptops. It seems to happen most often during Zoom meetings while talking the microphone and speakers randomly mute. Ive tried the...