Windows 10: PC Audio Input jack issue

Discus and support PC Audio Input jack issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Regarding an HP Pavillion operating Windows 10. I am a radio DJ and record from home. I have a mic plugged into a small mixing board. From there, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RJRose13, Feb 25, 2021.

1. RJRose13 Win User

PC Audio Input jack issue

Regarding an HP Pavillion operating Windows 10. I am a radio DJ and record from home. I have a mic plugged into a small mixing board. From there, it's an RCA-style audio cord that plugs into input jack at the back of the PC. Suddenly, the jack isn't recognizing anything. I have plugged in the Input cord into the mic jack and it "sees" it, but then the audio quality phases in and out. I've updated all the drivers, disabled and re-enabled drivers and devices many times to no avail. Could it be that the Input jack on the PC is no longer functioning? -RJ Rose

:)

RJRose13, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable?

Hi MolhoMark:
    Welcome to the forums! PC Audio Input jack issue :)

Check advanced settings in your Audio Manager Console:

PC Audio Input jack issue [​IMG]

and,
    check your streaming software settings also:
    (Good mic choice!) *Wink

PC Audio Input jack issue [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 25, 2021
  3. BJFish22 Win User
    Audio Issues Switching Between HDMI Inputs

Having problems with audio when switching between HDMI Inputs. Have tried updating drivers, changing output devices, windows audio restart, switching which HDMI they are on, changed HDMI cords etc. NOTHING works. We have a PC in HDMI 3 and a PS4 in HDMI 2. HDMI 2 always works fine. However, when switching back to the PC, we MUST restart the PC when we switch inputs back to it in order to receive audio.

We also have the issue if we turn off the display and leave the pc running. We must restart the entire computer before we receive audio in the PC input. We are assuming this is a windows issue of some sort because we don't have the issue with the PS4 input. Only when we are on the PC.

We have never had these issues before under the same setup for a few years now. Issues arose on their own in the past few months,

Any suggestions?

BJFish22, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. PC Audio Input jack issue - Similar Threads - Audio Input jack

2. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...: my computers front panel audio jack is 2 ways i.e. input and output the output sound is working properly but the input for microphone is not working i have tried everything but my computer is not detecting any input from audio jack i have the latest drivers installed i have...
  3. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...: my computers front panel audio jack is 2 ways i.e. input and output the output sound is working properly but the input for microphone is not working i have tried everything but my computer is not detecting any input from audio jack i have the latest drivers installed i have...
  4. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  6. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  7. Audio Jack input/output setting

8. Audio jack and bluetooth issue

Audio jack and bluetooth issue: I am unable to enable or disable bluetooth. And my audio jack is not working. Eventhough, I plug-in headset, I can't hear through that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-jack-and-bluetooth-issue/fbb295c9-7e84-497f-9a9a-2ee5d0979969
  9. Audio Jack Issues

Audio Jack Issues: Hi anyone who views this, I have recently bought myself a studio microphone (Vonyx CMS400 Studio Set / Condenser Microphone with Stand and Pop Filter) and wasn't prepared to use it along with my speaker system (Logitec Z213). I went out and got an audio spliter that allows...
  10. Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable?: Okay, I don't post on forums much, because I'm usually pretty good at researching through the inter-web, however I'm at a loss for wits with this problem, so I'll get right to the point. I use OBS, Open Broadcaster Software, a lot and would love to have my viewers hear...